i-Pilot remote

• steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

I have a i-Pilot PD on my Lund 1650 Explorer. Works great and I’m learning more and more about it each time I’m out. The one thing that I’m having trouble with is the remote. The remote icons are difficult for me to read. It’s black on black and I don’t use it enough to have the icons memorized. Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the remote more “readable”. My eyesight isn’t going to get any better and some days there isn’t enough sun shining down for me to “focus” on the buttons.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

upgrade to the gen 2 remote.
    White letter buttons and easier to push.

I still have a few left over if your interested in one. Otherwise you might find one on craigslist maybe

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I guess, I just got used to where the buttons I use most are. But yeah, sometimes I have to look a little harder when I’m hitting one I don’t use all the time.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

Quote:

upgrade to the gen 2 remote.
    White letter buttons and easier to push.

I still have a few left over if your interested in one. Otherwise you might find one on craigslist maybe

What does the upgrade cost?

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I took some finger nail polish or any white paint and went around the tops of the icons doesn’t last forever but works for me.

steve-o
    Des Moines, IA

Quote:

I took some finger nail polish or any white paint and went around the tops of the icons doesn’t last forever but works for me.

Just had my wife, who is an artist, take a silver sharpie to it. Looks good and really stands out now. Thanks for the replies everyone.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Once you use the new remote, you’ll throw the old in garabge (well, maybe not garbage) but it will be lost someone where in your boat as you’ll never use it again.
    The new is 100 x better. I sure thought it was worth the $’s.
    Just my $.02

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Not only are the buttons more visable but they are also a lot easier to push!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.