Spalsh Guards for Larger boats

• kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I know lots of you back trollers have spalsh guard on your backtrolling rigs. I know they work, Wave Wackers are the best blah blah blah. Been there done that

I need some input from you wheel boaters out there. Those of you with 200 plus HP, kickers and electric on the back.

I only have a 25% or less chance of getting them. I had thought they might help from getting swamped at the open landings here on Devils Lake when the wind picks up but then again the might catch too much water and really push my rig around. It might be better to accept a couple hundred gallons of water over the transom.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I second the White Caps. Cheaper than the wackers and have been bullet proof for my rig the last 2 years

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I wrote that outfit (White Cap) a few years ago for a quote and never got a response.

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

There are no doubt other very good products on the market. Competition brings out the best in companies. However, the customer service that I have gotten from Herrick Ent. (Wave Wackers) has been second to none. At least for me, they have been Johnny on the spot.

Mike

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Try whitecapmfg.com.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I’ve been on the site. They are quite reasonably priced and seem to have some beef to them.

I need to decide if I’m going to mount a kicker any time soon.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

If you dont get a kicker right away, you can send back the one side for the kicker cut out.

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

If that’s the case Derek I’m sold. I better get on the horn to White Caps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.