Don't have a clue why catfish won't leave my soft plastics alone

• Spoon Minnow

Last week this 2 lb put a serious bend in my light action rod:

Lure used:

or this one on a Joker caught last year:

Had a very difficult time netting this 6 lb cat caught on a stubby tail grub (my creation):

…it was caught on 10lb test braid, a light jig and Slider Worm:

This channel cat that fought like a large bass, also struck a small grub; it went 2 3/4 lb:

There are more but you get the idea.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Climate change. Everyone else blames it on that so why not

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Or finished spawning. They seem to be nailing anything that moves or not. Lol!

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

Wait till they be hitting inline spinners, spoons, and even bass skirted jigs…

KwickStick
    At the intersection of Pools 6 & 7

I once had a 7 pound channel cat slam a beetle spin and it damned near jerked the rod out of my hand.

Spoon Minnow

I once had a 7 pound channel cat slam a beetle spin and it damned near jerked the rod out of my hand.

Been there caught that and it almost broke my 5.6′ rod in half !

matt

Past couple weeks have been getting a few trolling salmo hornets,theres no mistaking that hit for a walleye.

Andrew C Brooks

It varies a bit depending on species… For example, channels are known to eat anything.
    Blues are more picky; they are primarily hunters, not just bottom scroungers like channels, & are strongly drawn to scents, especially oils & phenols. Plastic lures today are primarily composed of resins, which are compounds of phenols, and various “attractants” or scents, most of which are aromatic oils (garlic oil is popular).
    Flatheads are straight predators, actually having a lair & separate hunting grounds. They scent, but are primarily sight hunters, like land cats. They are similarly wary, often only taking live baitfish.
    However, like felines, they will often react to attack something that suddenly appears nearby appearing to struggle or flee.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Trump’s fault.

I believe it. The guy is a d bag.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.