First Buck.

• YotaPower
    Rockland, WI

I figured I would share with you guys my first buck. I got him on the 30th of October. What made the hunt so special was I had my best friend there filming me and it was our first kill on camera. My buddy got his buck of the year 5 days before this so it was an awesome week.

I was sitting in the tree a couple weeks before this and I heard some ruckus behind me and saw a buck chasing to does. They ran past and I grunted but it didn’t stop him, he stayed right with the does. I hit the doe bleat and 3 minutes later he came back to see what was up. I watched him and had plenty of oppurtunities to get him within 25 yards for a good 5 minutes but passed him because I was after Frank, who you can see in my shed post. I described him to my buddy and he said he was a good 140 class deer. We then had our few chuckled about me passing him, but he will be huge next year so no biggie. Fast forward to October 29th and we got covered in deer. 5 bucks we had on us at the same time. We had the perfect stand setup where the cross between to draws and a CRP field on top. I got the jitters and missed one. Shot right over his back. Wasn’t big, a 2 and a half, but still I was angry. The next day rolls around and my buddies dad gave me a pep talk. It worked because we went out early and sat in windy conditions. Had a doe come in and hang around us for a good 15 minutes. Then at 5:45 we saw a buck on the other side of the draw. He followed where the doe had came from and we thought that was it from him. Then at 6:05 I looked over and thought I saw something. I wasn’t sure if it was a leaf or what and I saw his head move and told my friend that he was right there at 50 yards. We got the camera on him and like clockwork he followed the does trail. I was getting to excited and my buddy said shoot him and don’t wait for Frank. I calmed myself just enough and we tried stopping him 3 times, but I shot and made a good shot. He died within 75 yards, but we didn’t find him that night. My arrow didn’t do a pass through so there wasn’t much blood. We went back the next morning and retrieved him. Needless to say, I was pumped. I am glad that my friend told me to shoot, otherwise I would have gone a long time without getting a deer. The best part was I shared that night with my best friend behind the camera. Its not about the rack, but the story to me. He ain’t the biggest, but in my book he will always be the best. You can’t beat your first buck in my mind.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Welcome to IDO and that’s a great 1st buck! A memory that you and your buddy will cherish forever.

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Great Buck congrats

lick

Congrats and thanks for sharing your story with us

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I enjoy your attention to detail! congrats on a dandybuck, good luck next year and keep them stories coming

TeamBurbot

Great looking buck, still have not gotten a kill on tape my self so thats awesome you were able to GIT-R-DONE great buck

Wrinkle
    Treestand in WI

Thats a great buck!!! Thanks for sharing!!

YotaPower
    Rockland, WI

Thanks for all the congrats.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Any chance you got the video up on youtube or anywhere yet? Would love to watch the action!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Any chance you got the video up on youtube or anywhere yet? Would love to watch the action!!

x2 I know we all would love to check out the footage! Congrats on your first buck too!

YotaPower
    Rockland, WI

Negative on the video. We need a firewire cable, but we should get one soon so I will keep you guys posted.

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

What a great first buck Hopefully you can get that video uploaded!

travis_eckman
    Trempealeau County, WI

Welcome & Congrats on your 1st buck!
    Thank you for sharing & I can’t wait to see the footage!

coppertop
    Central MN

Great looking first buck YP! Frank will be bigger and better this year.

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Nice job on your first buck

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

Negative on the video. We need a firewire cable, but we should get one soon so I will keep you guys posted.

I don’t think we have any around here, but if we do I’ll PM you.

huntalot60
    wisconsin

great buck, thanks for sharing

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.