MN Wolves..

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

You guys remember all the bear sightings recently in rural areas and I posted an article where they DNR said they may have mis-calculated the bear population by close to 10,000 animals….

If the DNR says 3000 wolves, I would bet the numbers are drastically different.

bennyj
    sunrise mn

Interesting Thanks for sharing

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Pretty much the same here in Wisconsin! Very touchy topic though in both states. Nothing will ever happen until someone seriously gets hurt! Otherwise all we’ll keep hearing is “It’s very rare or very uncommon for wolves too…”!

mossyoak
    UP Michigan

Quote:

Pretty much the same here in Wisconsin! Very touchy topic though in both states. Nothing will ever happen until someone seriously gets hurt! Otherwise all we’ll keep hearing is “It’s very rare or very uncommon for wolves too…”!

X2 same story here in Michigan we only have a small pack of wolves…but everyone is seeing them and their sign everywhere I have to Beleive that some one might need a new counting rombus..ahaha

neusch303

I do have a question that has an inherent assumption in it. The assumption being every hunter carries a camera with them. I’m sure most of you have seen the wolf conversation going on over on the fishing side.

Where are all the pics of all the wolves people claim to be having run ins with? I would love to get a good pic of a wolf. However I’ve never seen them while I’m in my stand/blind. I have had some opportunities of wolf pics while driving. However they don’t last long.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

That is a great question Ruger as I do have trail cameras out but have yet to capture one. We do know they are around as we have heard them in the evenings and the neighbors who live there have seen them! Also there were quite a few bear dogs lost in our area this past spring to wolves when the guys would have them out training on the county land!

There have been some trail cam pics posted here but not many! Maybe they are just too camera shy! But there is no question they are around!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.