Snow for the opener

• fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

Right on que it sounds like we will have some snow on the ground here in NE Iowa for the first shotgun season opener this weekend. We’ve had snow for the opener where I hunt 2 out of the past 3 seasons. The forecast calls for freezing rain later today switching over to snow tonight and a storm total of 3 to 5 inches of snow. With the colder temps the next few days it looks like the snow will stay for a while. I’m pumped now.

Eyehunter

fishnhard72
    Ankeny, IA

Awesome now i wont be able to stop thinking about that big buck walking under my stand saturday with snow on the ground i am pumped

fishnhard72
    Ankeny, IA

Awesome now i wont be able to stop thinking about that big buck walking under my stand saturday with snow on the ground i am pumped

bigbass51
    Waukon IA

Snow just makes things a lot easier for the opener but i dont think we are supposed to get quite as much as you guys will get. Im hunting around west union and the forecasts are just a trace to and inch for us and I dont know how long that will stick around. At least this year it will be a little warmer than last yeah it was flippin cold last year on the stand, especially after a mile hike straight up hill. Good luck to everyone this weekend and safety first.

bigbass51
    Waukon IA

Snow just makes things a lot easier for the opener but i dont think we are supposed to get quite as much as you guys will get. Im hunting around west union and the forecasts are just a trace to and inch for us and I dont know how long that will stick around. At least this year it will be a little warmer than last yeah it was flippin cold last year on the stand, especially after a mile hike straight up hill. Good luck to everyone this weekend and safety first.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I just saw the updated forecast for Dubuque and they are now calling for 2 to 4 inches instead of 3 to 5. I hunt in southern Allamakee County so maybe they won’t have as much snow up there but even an inch of two would be nice. I was up there a couple weeks ago and they had about 3 inches on the ground on that Saturday morning most of which was gone by the end of the day. It sure made seeing deer movement much easier.

Eyehunter

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I just saw the updated forecast for Dubuque and they are now calling for 2 to 4 inches instead of 3 to 5. I hunt in southern Allamakee County so maybe they won’t have as much snow up there but even an inch of two would be nice. I was up there a couple weeks ago and they had about 3 inches on the ground on that Saturday morning most of which was gone by the end of the day. It sure made seeing deer movement much easier.

Eyehunter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.