Croix update…Slow??

• sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

I havent fished all week, my father has been out every evening with very little sucess.
    Most people he has talked with have had similar results, small crappies and very few in numbers.
    The highlines seem to still hold numbers but small in size for crappies..And no one is talking about catching any walleyes or sauger??
    The area that we have been fishing has seemed to have stopped producing now that the ice i s thicker.
    Still marking tons of fish!!
    I will be going to REd Cedar lake this eveninga and long lake till tuesday, hopefully with some results and pictures to share with IDO ..

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

I think your sentiments reflect what most have been seeing – very slow this year – although I have heard of a few people finding nice fish away from the crowds… I’ll be back in Hudson this weekend and I’m trying to decide whether to hit the Croix or go elsewhere…

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

The eyes have been very difficult so far this year. But looking through my notes from last year, eye fishing started picking up at the end of January, hopefully that holds true this year.

Jami

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Have you tried fishing away from the crowds?
    With everyone putting the smackdown on the slabs and eating them fishing pressure might have something to do with it?

Ferny.

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I finally got a new portable so I am chasing fish again. I was out yesterday on Square Lake and got skunked there too. Everybody I talked to said the river was dead so I went to Square Lake. Saw a few fish on the camera (trout, bass, northerns & crappie) but nothing would bite. They would swim right up to it and then just swim away.

I haven’t been on the river yet and most river reports I am getting say that there is a ton of shad showing up on the flashers. Sounds like they have a lot of bait available. I hope to get out on the river after this cold spell is over. I’ll try to post a report or two.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.