I’m not un-happy about it

• gordonk
    mpls

I’m not sure I get why you’re upset. The Mississippi River is open year round so it’s not impacted by the opener for either state. The number of boats heading into the St. Croix probably won’t even be noticed with all the other boats out there. If you want to fish, go fish.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Apparently you don’t know the area very well. They will flock to the Croix on opener.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I don’t know the specific’s of the MWC, but I didn’t think the boundaries of this tournament included the Croix. Thought it was only a Pool3 and 4 tournament.

Maybe I’m wrong?

MWC Map Link

692fisherman
    champlin mn

I could be wrong but the whole Mississippi is not open continuously….. just down river of the Prescott bridge…..

is that correct?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

is that correct?

Yup.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Apparently you don’t know the area very well. They will flock to the Croix on opener.

…Well they mite FLOCK there now that you posted this. But I doubt it. Apparently you don’t know Tournament Fishing Very Well…rrr

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

I don’t know the specific’s of the MWC, but I didn’t think the boundaries of this tournament included the Croix. Thought it was only a Pool3 and 4 tournament.

Maybe I’m wrong?

MWC Map Link

You are right. The article was misleading. One of the tourney organizers just emailed me it was P3 and P4 only. That sounds good. Bummer that includes the mouth but better than the extra traffic upstream. He said they excluded the Croix because of opener. Very considerate.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Mike Its to Bad for you that you Hate tournament fishing, Cause you are going to have that Problem for the Rest of YOUR LIFE. …rrr

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Mike Its to Bad for you that you Hate tournament fishing, Cause you are going to have that Problem for the Rest of YOUR LIFE. …rrr

It’s only one of a long list.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Quote:

It’s only one of a long list.

…Does someone PI$$ on your Wheaties every day.? …rrr

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Today for sure. When are you going to stop? Actually you may as well keep it coming. Everyone is on my [censored] this week. Contractors, customers, etc.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

Today for sure. When are you going to stop?

…When you fish a tournament with me. LOL. You have a awesome day if you can. GAME OVER. …rrr

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

Everyone should be Boycotting it, since after it is the company known as CABELA’s that got in bed with the Tribes up on Mille Lacs pissing off everyone up there too!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Everyone should be Boycotting it, since after it is the company known as CABELA’s that got in bed with the Tribes up on Mille Lacs pissing off everyone up there too!

I put real effort into turning this post frown upside down and you just had to…..

I refuse to be a Cabelas hater. After all these years of wishing they are building a store 3 miles from my house. I am going to ignore their politics for now.

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

The MN DNR permit lists – U.S. Lock & Dam #3, Pepin, U.S. Lock & Dam #5 Pool

deertracker

Quote:

Today for sure. When are you going to stop? Actually you may as well keep it coming. Everyone is on my [censored] this week. Contractors, customers, etc.

Go back to the hunting side for a little stress relief. We are nicer over there and RRR hasn’t figured out how to find it.

DT

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

Just fish it and enjoy yourself!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

…Does someone PI$$ on your Wheaties every day.?

I hope no one is trying to take my job.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

I went on their website and it said the mn dnr is still considering the boundries, whats there to think about , its closed above the mouth of the croix. I wonder if mr warden will be watching to make sure no one is fishing the rip rap above the mouth

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

OD, I took that to mean from Hastings to Prescott of the Mississippi.

At the end of the day they will be transporting walleyes over water where the season isn’t open yet.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

My guess is 75% of the field will fish pool 3, this won’t have any effects on the Croix opener. They won’t be able to pre-fish the Croix so my number was a bit low

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

OD, I took that to mean from Hastings to Prescott of the Mississippi.

At the end of the day they will be transporting walleyes over water where the season isn’t open yet.

Which is leagal as long as you dont stop and fish…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.