Here’s a new one

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Caught this fiddler on the Minnesota yesterday. When it came in I thought I had another line tangled around my stink tube. If you look closely, I actually hooked the old swivel that was hanging out of the fish’s mouth still attached to a swallowed hook. Must have been a one in a million shot on the hookset.

I cut off the swivel and let it go. seemed to be willing to eat, so it has spunk and maybe will grow up to be vice president some day!

gary d
    cordova,il

Just for the “hank” of it, I think I would go a buy a lotto ticket. You surely have some luck left.

taz
    Frederic wi

Anybody can hook one in the mouth. It takes skill to hook a split ring

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

I was fishing the Pecatonica in Darlington WI one day for cats with stink bait. My knot between the line and the yellow colored rubber worm leader came undone as I was landing a fish. About an hour later I caught a cat and it had a yellow rubber worm almost completely swallowed. That was one hungry fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Never say Never on the river!

Nice catch Doug!

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Now I know what a fiddler is.

katfish
    Ohio

Dfresh
    If you fish often enough strange things do happen.

My freind Hans and I were fishing an area we knew held submerged brush. We landed 3 flathead one night but another got hung up in the brush and broke off.

3 nights later while fishing the same area I caught this flathead. The placement of the hooks led me to theorize that this fish tended to turn left after swallowing a baitfish.

I have caught 3 rod and reels with fish on them during my career. I caught one flathead 45 minutes after my partner broke it off “adjusting his drag during the fight”.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I had one when fishing from shore on the Missiissippi in Minneapolis where one night I had a channel cat swim into a snag and broke it off. 3 days later, no fish, but same snag. This time I pulledit out and brought it in. Thought I just had line hooked over the end of mine, but there was also a dead fiddler channel cat on there. Got my other hook back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.