Anyone Fishing Cats for the FTR Tourney ?

• dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Or are Mike and I guaranteed a 1-2 finish?? Maybe the cat boys could get together for a little chat at Everetts before we launch as we cant go until 12:00 ?? Actually Jenny is due around the 20th so Mike may not even be able to make it.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i would love to go out, but i won’t be able to bring my boat. if anyone thinks they’ll have room for me in there boat let me know and i’ll be there.

P.S. i can bring lots of bullheads .

mudcatkid
    On water

i might be in Oshkosh that weekend because of the DU Festival. ………….but which night is gonna be the tourney night? friday or sat? i may still be able top fish and then sleep on the ride thru Wisconnie

mudcatkid
    On water

how about all the cat guys get togather and talk……while i secretly listen

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I’d love to give you guys a run for it, but by the time I work till 5 and drive straight through to get there, it would already be dark. I don’t know pool 4 worth a hoot to begin with, let alone trying to find a cattin’ hole in the dark. Add to that being up for 38 straight hours or so, and I’m just not young enough to do it.

Best of luck to everyone who does, though.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

I am going to try and fish that night unless My wife goes into labor or something….. What happened to bigtime and catdad?? Are you guys still around….?? Those guys used to participate….

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Looks like Jon J. was nice enough to let us fish from sun down to sun rise this year which will make things a bit nicer.

bigtime
    North Carolina

I’m still here too. I think I could make an appearance. Nothing like showing Dirk and the rest of the boys how it is really done on the water. What is the date of the tourney?

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

August 23rd at Everetts…

bigtime
    North Carolina

Shoot. I thought it was the 16th. If its the 23rd I can’t swing it. I have a wedding to go to

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m thinking Dirk is trying to guarantee his win by throwing off the competition. The GTG is on the 16th! Saturday the 16 August. Cat guys can fish the night prior beginning at midnight.

Good one Dirk!

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

let us teach YOU?? you are the Inn-fisherman guy aren’t ya? I just thought I would like to see some professional catguys in the tourney again.. Hope to see ya out.

bigtime
    North Carolina

I see how it is now, use any tactics to throw off the competition including giving the participants the wrong date. Dirk playing a little dirty. Thanks James for stepping in and keeping everyone on a level playing field. Gotta keep an eye on Dirty Ol’ Dirk all the time. ha ha

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be there to give it a shot. Hopefully I can get at least one or two in the boat. See you all then.

Gator Hunter

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Start time is sundown.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Now the the trash talking is startin and bragging rights are up for grabs….maybe I should consider joining in the fun. Anybody else? Lets get this cat tourney going! There must be some more people who can catfish! Tim Zimmermann……you in? How bout some of you Red Wing guys that catfish all the time. I know there are more people that catfish out here.

PS….Mavzer, I just wanted to remind you of how you get outfished, with this picture! Actually, I just wanted to share this photo of this monster channel from last spring.

bigtime
    North Carolina

I should be able to make it. I am almost out of eels too. Do you think we could get some more by the 16th? We would crush all of the other guys if we could get some fresh eels. I got a place by my house and they are selling them for 2.75 a piece. Pretty good deal compared to what we were paying all summer for them. I’ll pick up a couple dozen and we can assure our selves of a first place finish catdad

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

I am in!!! however my regular Cattin partner (bowfinhunter) wont be able to attend. So I am bringing my other fishing bud with, my son …might have room for one more in my boat if your still looking jake….
    so its sundown friday afternoon till sun up Saturday morning? dont answer that Dirk , i seen how you answered about question on the date of the event
    Looking forward to meeting some other Cat guys, good luck everyone and see you there.

Cattin_Addict

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

I think you and Caddad were gonna kick our butt the first FTR GTG weren’t you?….that was the last one you fished wasn’t it? After a butt kick’n like that I’d hide for a few years to Eels won’t help cause I got em to. A float paternoster rig so they cant hide, precision placed next to a huge snag. You may as well stay home

bigtime
    North Carolina

Dirk talk smack about catfishing? whats that about? We haven’t been hidding. We have just found new spots to fish since someone (to remain anonymous..DW) went and staretd whoring on all the other areas show to him by more experieced anglers…who could that be? I haven’t fished pool 4 yet this year, but I just may have to come down catch some big fish win the tournament and teach what it means to be a versatile catfisherman

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

all this smack talkin going on amoung us 1%ers looks like someone will be eating some humble pie .
    I am not saying I am gonna win this thing, but look out for the underdog
    May the catfish gods frown on you

Eels? we dont need no stinkin eels

Cattin_Addict

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Bigtime – you mean that spot I saw you on early this spring?? It wasn’t worth a hoot anyway. I was going to help you get your boat un-stuck but I was laughing so hard I accidently flooded my engine. I could hear you a mile away

Don’t fret though, I did the exact same thing on my way out and ended up having to dump my cooler full of bait to lighten things up, climb out of the boat and push for 1/2 hour. I BARELY made it out

bigtime
    North Carolina

That is some BS. The last thing I’ll be eating is humble pie.BTW, I didn’t get stuck I was just dredging it out for later on. PS catdad check your email

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

So what are the boundary’s for the tournament? Pool 4 and between the railroad tressels? I like the smack!! Great to have a competivie tourney.. good luck to all the catfisherman! I really hope I can make it! There are plenty of good catfish holes on pool 4 that is for sure! I am sure it is going to be a great time!! Remember to keep the fish that you catch in Good condition so they are able to be released o,k! Catdad the veteren -vs- Dirk the Up and coming sensation! -vs- bigtime (a guy so dedicated he has a tattoo of a catfish on his arm) who will take home the trophy?? Could it be a darkhorse?? I can;t waite to see!!!! I know who Mustad hooks is rooting for!!!

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

ill bring a gallon of milk for all the pie thats gonna be eaten

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Hey Catdad, Don’t blame Big Time – you gotta quit doing so many TV shows. I finally bought a boat that can get in there, at least when the water is high. If you have any other spots like that I’d sure be willing to be your tail piper for awhile.

mudcatkid
    On water

……..blah blah blah blah blah…………..

i would have something ot say but i dont ………..

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.