best way to heat leftover fish

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>
    I like using my panini maker more than the airfryer

Panini!?!?! That’s awesome! Lol I’m Busting out the the George Foreman the next time I warm up fish!!

And what the hell is a panini or panini maker?

Glorified George Foreman sandwich grill.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/avantco-p78-grooved-commercial-panini-sandwich-grill-13-x-8-3-4-cooking-surface-120v-1750w/177P78.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvN2-1ZKF7wIV_zizAB29EgDMEAQYAiABEgJzzPD_BwE

onestout
    Hudson, WI

For deep fried fish I prefer it reheated even over fresh. We toss it in the oven on a drying rack with a pan under, the oil that soaked into it the first time bakes out and it really crisps up nicely. As for reheating pan fried fish, never really tried it.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

And what the hell is a panini or panini maker?

Bearcat if you haven’t had a chance to try it they are awesome take your choice of bread, meat and cheese and wham a hot melted toasty samwich. I thought it sounded a little fruity when my buddy said he was brining one on a fishing trip, but man was it good. Not sure why I don’t own one now that I think of it.

Thanks for the reminder Randy!!

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thanks for the reminder Randy!!

John, if you get a above budget model, you can get “kits” with different grill inserts for waffles, or anything that needs a flat surface. Wait til you cook bacon on it

CaptainMusky

Wow. A lot of people appear to have air fryers. I don’t yet.

What kind of air fryers do you guys like?

We just got an air fryer before Christmas. Never even considered one before and now its used constantly.
    We have the instapot vortex. It has a rotisserie attachment which my son likes to use for fries, but I just put fries on the trays. This model with Airfry, Bake, Broil, Reheat and Dehydrate. We havent used anything other than Airfy thus far.
    Air fryers are no joke. The food gets every bit as crispy as traditional fryer and no grease.
    I make wings in it all the time. I put those $1 banquet pot pies in there and they are almost gourmet! I have made country fried steak from scratch in there and it was the best I have ever had (use hamburger not cube steak).

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

I never gave airfryers a 2nd thought but some friends gave us one for Christmas and it’s really nice. I’m pretty sure that my cause of death will be a chicken wing overdose. Crispy and virtually no mess compared to traditional methods.
    Homemade donuts are delish as well.
    Our use of a microwave has really diminished the last few years, to the point I replaced the grease trap MW above the stove with a very strong vent hood and put a small microwave in the pantry.

CaptainMusky

I never gave airfryers a 2nd thought but some friends gave us one for Christmas and it’s really nice. I’m pretty sure that my cause of death will be a chicken wing overdose. Crispy and virtually no mess compared to traditional methods.
    Homemade donuts are delish as well.
    Our use of a microwave has really diminished the last few years, to the point I replaced the grease trap MW above the stove with a very strong vent hood and put a small microwave in the pantry.

Right! The only thing I have made that was a clunker so far was hashbrowns. They were super crispy but dry. I will have to tinker with that, probably cooked them too long and shouldve sprayed with cooking spray or something.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

The air fryer take a bit to master but once you get it down it’s a game changer.

Make sure it’s preheated, don’t overstuff it, and flip or shake halfway through while applying a little more spray oil.

Try reheating French fries….it’ll blow your damn mind.

asch
    Eastern Iowa

Put them under the broiler. Turn them when they bubble. They will be as good as the first time.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Convection oven same as air fryer without having to have another appliance on the counter top. Otherwise cold is just fine too.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

If we want them crispy we use the oven broiler and watch them carefully but for sandwiches I just sprinkle a little lemon juice on them and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave. Making me hungry thinking about it.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.