Best Sandwich List

• ThunderLund78

Alright,
    The Burger thread is rolling strong, lots of stuff on my list to try now! How about anything between two pieces of bread that isn’t a ground beef patty?

Someone mentioned Northern Waters Smokehaus in Duluth and I felt compelled to start this thread based on that place alone. “The Cajun Finn” might be the best sandwich I’ve ever eaten.

Runner-up goes to pretty much any Hoagie on the menu at Hogan Brothers Acoustic Cafe in Northfield or Winona. Their Homemade Bread and Vinaigrette sauce seal the deal!

dirtywater

My wife worked at hogan bros in college, lots of memories there.

Cecil’s deli in St. Paul is incredible.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Good idea TL! I really like the Nashville Hot Chicken Sammich at North Coop in Excelsior/Minnetonka.

For chain subs my list is: Jersey Mikes, Bo Diddley’s, Erbs and Gerbs, Jimmy Johns.
    Subway. I will eat almost anywhere else over Subway.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Funny this post came up when it did. I just ate at a new place for the 2nd day in a row now. Just found out about a sandwich place here in Saint Cloud. It is called BO Diddleys Deli. I can not believe I’ve lived here for over 5 years and I’m just finding out about this place. Great Sub. sandwich and a Great price. The sell a Full, a 1/2, and a 1/3. I’m a big eater and the 1/2 was way more than enough for me and it cost like 5.80. I think a 1/3 would be more than enough. the also have a location in Saint Joseph. This may become my go to place for a good lunch at a reasonable price

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

For chain subs my list is: Jersey Mikes, Bo Diddley’s, Erbs and Gerbs, Jimmy Johns.

I see that I’m late to the Bo Diddley’s party. I did not realize they were a chain. I thought it was a local Ma and Pa shop.

CaptainMusky

My wife worked at hogan bros in college, lots of memories there.

My wife is from Northfield and hogan bros is absolutely fantastic. Havent had it in like a decade though.
    I will tell you for a simple sandwich, Upper Deck in Sartell makes and amazing grilled cheese. The bread and the mix of cheeses is fantastic. Go on a weekend and my son will likely grill it for you.

orve4

fish Thumper I was just going to post about this exact same spot bo didleys. The one in St.Joe is newly renovated and located to bad Habit brewery. The food there is excellent along with the fresh made bread and soup. The food is very reasonable.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Pesto Aoli sandwich at the deli at the St Peter Coop. My favorite locally.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I see that I’m late to the Bo Diddley’s party. I did not realize they were a chain. I thought it was a local Ma and Pa shop.

They are not a chain like the others on my list. Ma and Pa shop that has expanded to 3 locations now, including one in Eden Prairie. They’ve been around forever in St. Joe and have had a few spots in StC including Downtown for quite a while but is no longer around.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Dagwoods in the Skyway in Minneapolis is pretty dang good. Subhouse in Hudson WI is also another one of my favorites. I also avoid Subway at all costs!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I can say I do not ever order a sandwich when I go out. But reading this over, a sandwich sounds bomb

CaptainMusky

Bo Diddleys is fantastic too! IDK how they make money at the prices they charge TBH in St Joe. Not sure about the other locations. I believe the bread is made by the monks at St Johns, but not 100% sure. I am pretty sure that is what caused me to go into a spiral with my diverticulitis, but its like crack you cannot stop eating it. Thankfully I now have a semicolon so I can eat it again.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Hemsings Deli in St. Cloud was awesome when I lived there a decade ago too! Best Cuban I’ve had.

In the cities Crossroads Delicatessen is a proper Jewish deli and really good reuben and pastrami on rye.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

But whats considered a sandwich? Is a hot dog or brat a sandwich? I think so.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

But whats considered a sandwich? Is a hot dog or brat a sandwich? I think so.

Whoa Carter, no need to throw a grenade in here! rotflol Plus, who orders a brat or hotdog from a restaurant, besides my young kids!?!?

CaptainMusky

Whoa Carter, no need to throw a grenade in here! Plus, who orders a brat or hotdog from a restaurant, besides my young kids!?!?

LOL

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Whoa Carter, no need to throw a grenade in here! Plus, who orders a brat or hotdog from a restaurant, besides my young kids!?!?

That kind of a statement would get you hurt in Chicago. or at the least run out of town.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Nelson’s Cheese Shop on Como and Snelling. Cold and hot sandwiches AND a hot dog bar with the best Chicago dog in town. One of my favorite places.

The meatball sandwich is one of my favorites.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Whoa Carter, no need to throw a grenade in here! rotflol Plus, who orders a brat or hotdog from a restaurant, besides my young kids!?!?

I just wanted to be sure we are considering all the options out there that fall under sandwich doah you have never ordered a hot dog at a baseball game from a restaurant?? shock

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That kind of a statement would get you hurt in Chicago. or at the least run out of town.

Wouldn’t be the first time, those degenerates think a casserole with pizza ingredients is pizza! rotflol jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

you have never ordered a hot dog at a baseball game from a restaurant??

From a restaurant? No, from a concession stand or food vendor, yes.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

From a restaurant? No, from a concession stand or food vendor, yes.

How is a concession stand not a restaurant? Ok ill stop coffee

CaptainMusky

How is a concession stand not a restaurant? Ok ill stop

Well for starters you are not sitting down inside or on a patio to eat I guess and have servers.

AK Guy

Smoked beef brisket sandwich at the Iron Range Eatery in Crosby.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

OK so my mother has to be the best sandwich maker out there, she definitely tops the list. Her hot paninis are to die for. And that’s probably why I don’t order sandwiches any where else rotflol

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

BW got to call you on JJ,they suck A$$.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Simple, but filling and tasty = Nelson Cheese Factory

Bo Didleys was good when I went to college in St. Cloud. It took a couple of years for me to stumble across it………kind of like a few of my classrooms on campus coffee toast

MNdrifter

Bo Diddleys is awesome! Winona sandwich company is awesome also. I love the Tai Chicken.

Deuces

Pesto Aoli sandwich at the deli at the St Peter Coop. My favorite locally.

Chicken swarma is the bomb.

FG just bought a house there, will be enjoying more of that coop in the future, great stuff.

Nodakk

The Reuben sandwhich with homemade fries at McBees on 47 just north of Ogilvie. Best I’ve had

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.