That’s bear hunting!!!!

• JacobNohner

Saw on KARE 11 that Hope the bear got shot up buy Ely.

rochy
    Arkansaw Wi

I HOPE she tastes good!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sad day for bear hunting. Good day for PITA or what ever animal rights group that had its hands in this. What a brilliant set up and way to gain sympathy.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I saw that too. Kare 11 did a good job of reporting the story and not trying to choose a side, but I’m sure some group is going to make a big deal about it. The hunter had no way to know it was Hope as the bear had removed its collar. Kare 11 did report that people have been trying to reach the hunter and he hasn’t responded, but last time I checked as long as he registered the bear he doesn’t have to do anything else. Except eat it.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

If you want to check out some crazy tree huggers, check out the facebook page for the animal. HOLY CARP.

It makes you sad that people think this is a “Bambi” world and this bear has feelings. I swear you would think Hope was hanging out slipping on the ice with his rabbit buddy

It is a good reminder to us all to watch what we say and do around the non-hunting world.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Read one about how bear should have guns. Dont these people know bears are not that smart and would just end up shooting them selves.

There was another about how much the person has learned from Hope over the last year and a half. Learned what? How to sniff different types of urine and crap on the ground to inter-pit what is going on with the people around you. How to lick your privates and maybe a few of your relatives while you are at it? Hopefully this person has payed attention to Hope and learned the most important lesson.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

You dont think animal rights groups have a stake in this. Here is a post on facebook.

Over 28,000 signatures gathered in something like a week back in May wanting the protection against hunting for radio collared bears…..and nothing. Over 133,000 facebook fans for Lilly and the birth and growing of her cub Hope, one and a half yrs old, now killed by a hunter over a bait station. I pray and “Hope” the hundred thousands of Lilly and Hope viewers and supporters rally and put a stop to baiting bears, as some states have, and killing of these prized research bears! Baiting certainly isn’t fair chase as bears are very habitual and hunters only need to sit and wait nearby the bait. These research bears are worth far more alive then dead even if ” justifed” she ended up on the hunter’s dinner plate. Who really needs to eat bear meat?

Think these people will really stop at putting a end to shooting collared bears or hunting over bait stations? Not a chance.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

You gotta love reading how absolutely insane these people are. I’ve only dabbled in this bear hunting and I can tell you, you don’t just throw a twinkie out the window and every bear from within 5 miles shows up. Only the bears within a mile show…

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

You gotta love reading how absolutely insane these people are. I’ve only dabbled in this bear hunting and I can tell you, you don’t just throw a twinkie out the window and every bear from within 5 miles shows up. Only the bears within a mile show…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.