Need Help Desperately!

• PowerFred

I just got back from what should have been a five day hunt in northern Wisconsin. The outfitter I used 7 years ago decided to book 10, yes, 10 hunters in camp.
    Last time he took 2 hunters and each guy had 3 baits. This year, its one bait per hunter. Doesn’t matter if its not getting hit, or the wind is wrong, its your bait to sit on.

I left after this morning. I couldn’t put up with the setup or the fact that he started drinking around noon, and some days we had to get ourselves to the bait. To top things off, this morning he left camp @ 5am to go to Ashland to buy an ATV. The guys that stayed in camp now have no guide to help them if they get a bear.

My request is this. Does anyone have a bait in Zone A that I could rent for a few days later in the season, probably after October 1st?

I’d really like to fill my tag, considering it took 7 years to get one.

P.M. me if anyone could help out. Anyone who wants to know the name of my last “guide”, P.M. me and I’ll tell you my horror story!

deertracker

Talk about some serious highs and lows. The drive up there you had to be on the edge of your seat in excitement. Then the lows of knowing your chances are not good. Good luck in the rest of your season.
    DT

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

That really stinks!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Here are some links I found this morning:

http://www.northernwisconsinoutfitters.com/

http://www.superioroutfitters.com/bear.html

http://www.beavercreekoutfitting.net/

Hopefully one of our members can find you a reasonably priced option. I also hope you take the time to write this “guide” a professional letter asking for your money back. If he is a certified member with the state, I would highly recommend you inform them of your experience also. I’d sit down right now and collect any correspondence you had with him prior to hunt. Did he set your expectations etc?? Do your best to remove emotions from your letter. I know this is hard.

Good luck!!

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

That sucks big time!

I would love to help out. You are more than welcome to come up here and hunt. It would only cost you the $230 bear license.

Call me and we can work out the details… hope it works out for you.

Chad 866 333 5943

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Chad your hospitality is awsome I WILL meet you some day

prieser
    Byron, MN

Lame!!! Good luck filling your tag. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Fred:

I haven’t put a bait in one of my tubes yet this year, but if you could get me some bait or some money for some bait, I could check and start one of my two up…

Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.