Miss. River/St. Croix-Pool 3 Smallies

• Faribault
    Faribault, MN

I was looking for a little advice and a helping hand. I am an avid bass fisherman from the Faribault Area, mainly a lake fisherman. I have recently (the last couple of years) fished the Mississippi river for smallmouth bass which is now my favorite species to fish for. I’ve had some great luck on Lake Pepin and a bit of luck round the Red Wing area.

I am always looking for somewhere new to try. What I am really looking at is the Mississippi River (other than Lake Pepin or Red Wing area) or the St. Croix River fishing for smallmouth. I am rather concerned about boating safety. Things like dams and wing dams (although I don’t know much about them scare me). I really don’t want to worry about taking out my lower unit of my boat or beaching my boat on a sandbar, but I love to fish rocks and similar structure for smallmouth.

Can you please give me some ideas about where I can go and be safe and still have some of the great smallmouth success that I have had on Lake Pepin. Thanks for the help

Steve

corey_waller
    hastings mn

not much to hit on the st croix thats not marked. put the trolling motor down and got fishing. use you knowledge of where smallies live and you will find plenty of those places on the croix. as for pool 3 run the bouys and you will be fine. hot spot has a good map of the croix too. good luck!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.