Flukes

• dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

Has anyone else out there been using these. What an awsome lure. 3 slimers and 8 bass today. Buy lots of them cuz they get torn up fast.

fishhunter
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Always looking for something new to try. Where do you pick them up??

Thanks

BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

Well most seasoned bass anglers use flukes at some time ! Try them next spring on spawning fish over the beds!! Get some fishermans glue and your flukes will last longer!

jedsall
    Dover Ohio

One of my favorites. Try them in the lilly pads in place of a rat. Let em float down in the openings…See the swirl… grip it and rip it. Heavy line, rod are a must for the fluke in pads. Gotta get em up and out.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Flukes are the number 1 bait for big smallies on the river IMO. Work wonderfully for largies too. I would say they are probably my number one overall bait. Work from the spawn right through fall.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

When the walleye fishing this weekend slowed mid-day we went over to flukes and traps on the rip rap for smallies on pool 4. The plain white flukes rigged weightless on a 4/0 -5/0 hook took the bigest and most bass. Fishing them almost motionless allowing for a gentle sink with an occassional small twitch worked the best and strike detection was easy as the line would usually just start going upstream!

Too much fun. And like the others stated, you’ll catch both largemouth and smallmouth, pike, and an occassional walleye using them.

James Holst

Moving Waters Guide Service

http://www.movingwaters.net

dodge_boy
    Minocqua, Wi

I wish they make these bigger for muskie fishing. Like around 10 inches or so. Now that would be sweet. Muskie fever, you just can’t get rid of it. Do it once, Do it for life.

KwikStik
    Trempealeau, WI

Dodge Boy, their is a 10″ Fluke type lure called a “Fin S” and you can also get 9″ Sluggos. Both will catch muskie and they’re a good change-up bait for those skis that have seen it all. I think Rollie and Helen’s Muskie Shop carries them and I’ve seen them around at other shops.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.