Is this the Tournament bargin of the year?

• brovarney

Is the 2007 Wisconsin B.A.S.S. Federation Nation’s State Tournament the best Tournament Value this year?

This years Wisconsin B.A.S.S. Federation Nation’s State Tournament will be held out of Oshkosh July 20-22on Lake Winnebago and the Fox/Wolf chains. July 20th is the registration and meeting day. The event is a two day draw tournament. The event is open to any Wisconsin B.A.S.S. Federation Nation’s State member that is registered by April 15th.

I believe that entrance fee to the Wisconsin B.A.S.S. Federation Nation’s State Tournament is $50.00. State residence is not required for membership in the Wisconsin B.A.S.S. Federation Nation. Membership in the Federation runs about $100.00. That puts it at $150.00 to get into the event. As a draw tournament a boater would have to find a co angler to offset themselves and confirm their boater status but then BFL guys do that all the time. The river guys that fish the angler side of the BFL and struggle on the Wolf chain could use this as a prime opportunity to “learn” the wolf.

Anglers could either join existing clubs or form 6 member clubs of their own.

Here is why it is, I think, the best value in Wisconsin. The tournament is a qualifier for the 12 Man state team that will be fishing next year in the B.A.S.S. regional event on the same body of water. So you are fishing against 100-150 guys for 12 spots. Once you make the regional you are fishing against 11 anglers for a spot at the Federation National Championship.

At the Federation National Championship you need to beat out 5 or six guys from the Northern Division and end up first in the Northern Division to qualify for a birth in THE BASS MASTERS CLASSIC.

The way I add it up, with it being close to home, with a small field and even smaller field in the two following tournaments this might be the tournament deal of all times.

shimanonut

Ok I’m asking here, don’t you have to have six guys that also want to do it and don’t they have to pay dues and don’t they have to organize tournaments and all that stuff. If there is a way that I can pay my $150 and fish for the 12 spots then I’m in but don’t know if I have 5 buddies that want to do the same and be committed to a club for a year????

Just asking please explain more details.

lax79
    La Crosse, WI

You are correct. You do need to be apart of a club that is assocoiated with the Wisconsin BASS Federation Nation. But, if you fish club tournaments or local events, why not join a club in the federation and have the opportunity. This is not an open tournament per say, this is just an opportunity for someone to get a chance at the classic if you qualify. There are some really good anglers in the fedeation and I learn something everytime I go out. You can’t beat the federation. Your club, federation, and BASS dues are well worth the chances. You will also have the opportunity to fish in the states 2man / 6man tournament. This is also a possible way to advance. So you now have two opportunites to show your stuff.

Todd

chris johnson
    Appleton, WI

There are a number of ways to belong to the nation. There is a number of clubs around the state that are looking for members to join. If you do not want to join a club you can start one and have it fit your and your buddies schedule. There are clubs that use results from opens or other events that they fish to determine club standings. Other clubs have 4 hour week night tournaments or weekend getaways. Any combination can be used to get results for a six tournament schedule.

As an example, the club I belong to holds one day long event early in the year before tournaments start, than we hold four on weeknights during the summer and finish the year in October with two one day events on the best smallie river or lake we can find. All of this is planned around the many open or other tournaments our members fish. Sometimes we prefish as a club for a upcoming event while holding a tournament.

Your going to go fishing anyway so get some buddies together join or start a club and take your shot at the Bassmaster Classic. There is NO other way to get there without spending thousands to do it. You only need to finish in the top twelve and your two tournaments away from fishing the Classic!!!

brovarney

Yes the qualifying this year is for next years 12 man team. But keep in mind that the Wisconsin B.A.S.S. Federation Nation helps subsidise the 12 man team. What you will get back is more than what you pay out.

I just thought that this might be an appealing option for those really good sticks that stopped doing the bass club thing to spend more time doing opens and circuits.

While I had forgotten about the 2 man/6 man event it is true that you could put together a team for that. This year it is on Lake Wissota.

I know a lot of the River BFL guys have a lot of trouble on the Wolf (right Slop). Think of this as a two day tour of the lake with an option to win some money while being a co angler except you get 4 hours in the front of the boat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.