P-line CXX X-TRA strong

• bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Anyone ever use this line? I bought a bulk spool of 15# – 3000 yards for $5 bucks even though ive never used it but figured at least i have tons of cheap backing. How does it compare to p-line fluoroclear? They are both co-polymers but couldnt find a website with a direct comparison. I am hoping to test it out before ice out but wanted some input on performance. Thanks.

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

great stuff it works awesome

5bass
    near water

BassBaron- I was using p-line but it would go to crap pretty quick, I switched to triple fish and I have yet to have a problem with it but for 5 bucks you really can’t go wrong.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Too much memory for me; however, the stuff is tougher than nails! I actually use to use CXX (moss green) exclusively for pitching and flipping plastics. I loved it the first year it came out, but I swear they must have changed something. I tried it one more time the beginning of the year and as I would reel in my slack it would sound like glass tapping inside my rod eyes with quite a bit of coil.

I do not use it anymore for flipping, but don’t overlook using it as a main-line for C-rigs…. . Oh, it makes a dynamite filler too.

I do still use other P-Line products and love them…

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

I used P-Line all year. Can’t beat it. Flouro and CX, CXX. Strong!! It does coil the heavier it gets.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

BTW- the CXX I used was 20#

zombywuff
    Illinois

I use the 10lb on my crank rod. I’ve bent a few treble hooks on snags, but never broken the line……. tough stuff!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.