Anyone use the Precision Sonar Cable Guard

• snelson223
    Austin MN

I am thinking about adding panoptix to my trolling motor and running the transducer cable down the shaft of the trolling motor. After some research I found precision sonar cable guard and was wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this product?

Red Eye

I bought a boat with a Alterra on it. It was set up with a garmin on the bow. He had a precision trolling wire guard on it for holding the wire for side and down imaging transducer mounted on the bottom of Alterra. I took it off. The wire would always catch the tm bracket when auto deploying or retrieving the motor. And with the side imaging on if the tm turns it would distort the image anyway. Going to use just the US2 transducer on the motor.

Marty Epperly

I have it on my Motorguide Xi5 for my Lowrance HDI transducer. It works ok, but I wish I had another alternative. It’s quite cumbersome and does not always afford me a smooth stowing of my tm. But, unless someone has a better idea, it’s the only alternative if I want to use the HDI transducer, as well as the quick disconnect motor mount. You can check out NitroZ18 Fishing on youtube to see how Patrick routed his cable on a permanently mounted tm.

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

I just couldn’t justify spending $300 for a machined piece of aluminum! I don’t know why but probably because I spent a small fortune on a the head unit, LiveScope and the mounting bracket! haha

I ended up crafting my own, and have used it probably 10 full days fishing so far this year.

I used PVC, Hose clamps and some flexible tubing from the hardware store.

Albeit not the prettiest thing in the world, it works damn good for $20 bucks.
    I don’t have great photos of it, and my boat is down at the marsh right now.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_4733.jpg

2. IMG_4763.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.