Anyone Running the Hankook Dynapro AT2 on Their Truck?

• dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I’ll be needing some new tires on my F150 soon. I see that Hankook now has Dynapro AT2’s with a 60k tread life warranty. I have some interest in them and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them?

https://www.hankooktire.com/us/transporter.html

Regularpaul

Following.

I’m going between that and the continental TerrainContact A/T.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Don’t know anything about those exact tires but I would buy the Hankook over the Continental anytime. Not a fan of many of the tires in the Continental line.
    Just my .02

fins

A guy I work with swears by the hankooks. He just got a new set off simple tire for dirt cheap! When I’m in the market for a new set of tires they will be on my radar for sure.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I think a forum member goes by the name Ralph wiggum just bought some recently. He mentioned in a previous post that he was I think.

deertracker

I just bought a set of Dyna Pro’s but it wasn’t the exact model the OP asked about. I love the ones I got. They have been great in the goose fields and on the snow and ice. I have the ATM Rf10s.
    DT

sktrwx2200

Have the Dynopros AT2s on 2 of our work f150s.. They are a good tire. Good price.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

The AT2 is replacing the AT-M. I just bought a set last Monday. I have had AT-Ms in the past. The AT2 is very simliar but has a 60K tread warranty.

I’ve only logged a couple of hundred miles so far, but I like them. They’re as quiet as the highway tires they replaced.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I’ll be needing some new tires on my F150 soon. I see that Hankook now has Dynapro AT2’s with a 60k tread life warranty. I have some interest in them and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on them?

https://www.hankooktire.com/us/transporter.html

Many guys love them. I’ve heard a ton of great reviews. I had them on my Tundra and I HATED them. Despised them. They were the greasiest damn tire I’ve ever owned. Slip and slide. Absolutely useless for a Northern driver on roads let alone off road. That was my take.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Many guys love them. I’ve heard a ton of great reviews. I had them on my Tundra and I HATED them. Despised them.

The AT2 is new. You had/hated the AT-m.

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

The AT2 is replacing the AT-M. I just bought a set last Monday. I have had AT-Ms in the past. The AT2 is very simliar but has a 60K tread warranty.

I’ve only logged a couple of hundred miles so far, but I like them. They’re as quiet as the highway tires they replaced.

I just got a quote for 1k minus a 60 rebate out the door for 275/65/18’s from my tire guy. About right?

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Yep. Your right. I had the ATM. Total trash.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I just got a quote for 1k minus a 60 rebate out the door for 275/65/18’s from my tire guy. About right?

Seems a bit high. I paid just under $900 out the door for 275/55/R20 at Discount Tire. Got the $60 Hankook rebate and a 10% rebate from Discount Tire for their 4th of July sale, so grand total, I’m in for about $750. waytogo

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Strange how it can work so well for so many people yet so poorly for you.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Wade Boardman wrote:</div>

i have the now older model ATM dynos on my Durango and they have been fantastic so far. no issues for me. would not hesitate to get the new model

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

AT/M on the ram and so far they’ve been great the last two years. Nothing too intense but ice fishing and occasional dirt roads. Can’t imagine these ones will last 60k but maybe the new model at2’s are better. I couldn’t see another similar tire being better than these for similar money.

404 ERROR
    MN

Wondering the same. Best tires I’ve ever used. I can only imagine the AT2 will be even better.

kro22

I put AT-Ms on my escape which I use for my daily driver. I have 10k on them and they looked brand new when I just rotated. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to replace them on my F-150 with ATMs so I’m sure the at2s are just as good.

matt

2nd set of atm’s for me.first set lasted well beyond the mileage rating and I am hard on tires.If these tires were no good not a chance Id have bought a second set,must be the driver.

Pat McSharry
    Keymaster
    Saint Michael, MN

I also didn’t care for the ATM’s. Wasn’t like they were total trash, but never understood why everyone loves them so much.

slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

I haven’t heard of anyone switching and having a lot better luck than the atm, but I’m sure a lot of guys running atm myself included put them out n after having originals ona new truck. Everything will shine compared to the cheapos the oem puts on.

Side note uniroyal tiger paws we had on our 2000 impala were the best tire I’ve ever bought bang for the buck.

Dal Rouncville

I just bought a new truck with at2s literally today, will let you know once i drive em a bit but as for Atms . . .

Have run sets of Dynapro atms on 2 ford escapes and a 2013 F150
    Im a tire nut, and i have no idea how someone could not like the Arms, foot and half snow excellent, huge amounts of rain on highway excellent, ice excellent better than lots of full ice tires except the absolute top 20% ones, muck excellent for a not full on mud tire. The little bit of side to side feel i can understand but seriously these r the best all round quiet, grippy do it all tires ever!

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I put the dynapro atms on my 2006 Jeep Liberty last December and they did a great job in the snow but I have heard other complaints about them getting noisy and not so good on wet roads when they wear but I haven’t seen that yet with only 9,000 miles on them. The Falken Wildpeak tires look good for snow/mud

Catskill Climber

Hi, does anyone have any updated opinions on this tire? I’m particularly interested in how they do in the snow. Thanks!

Angler II

Hi, does anyone have any updated opinions on this tire? I’m particularly interested in how they do in the snow. Thanks!

I’ve got them. I’m impressed. Just drove through 14” Of snow in a cut corn field. No issues commuting to work the last few days either.

Catskill Climber

That corn field sounds like a serious tire test! Thanks for the reply.

mojo

I have a set of them currently on my ’02 Silverado HD. I have well over 300K on the truck so I’ve gone through a LOT of tires – all of which were E-rated AT tires, and these Hankook Dynapro tires are the best I’ve had for rain and snow traction as well as on dry pavement – I love them. BUT they are noisy – mine were noticeably noisy driving home from having them installed. I’ve got around 10K on them, and they appear to be showing very little wear. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy them again, but I’m not sure the old Silverado will outlast this set of tires.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

BUT they are noisy – mine were noticeably noisy driving home from having them installed.

Really? I have them on my Sequoia, and I am impressed at how quiet they are.

mojo

Sorry, I gave a review on the wrong tires. Mine are the Dynapro AT-M not AT2 tires. Thanks to Ralph Wiggum, I had to question my memory, so I went out to the garage and looked at them. If the AT2 tires have the traction of the AT-M tires without the noise, they sound perfect.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.