Anyone Running the Hankook Dynapro AT2 on Their Truck?

• Francis K
    Champlin, MN

This fall I did put on a set of the ATM2’s on my 2016 Ram 1500. Going from the Goodyear Wrangler road tire the truck came with, I did notice a bit more road noise but it’s a minimal difference. As far as snow performance, these tires are the real deal. I drove home in heavy snow twice from Red Lake this season (Thanksgiving weekend and after Christmas weekend) and was really impressed with how well these performed. These really grip the snow!

Gotta love the guys from ND pushing their minivan for 1.5 miles off of 72 down Artesian Rd.

Attachments:
    1. E19E5526-82AD-455D-868A-815FFF9AB545-1.jpeg

2. E19E5526-82AD-455D-868A-815FFF9AB545.jpeg

dirk-w.
    Minnesota

I’ve got about 5k on my new AT2’s and have no complaints. No issues. I haven’t really put them through any real tests yet though. Ever so slight – I’ve noticed a bit more road noise, but that’s compared to the Hankook highway tire so it’s to be expected. I like em so far.

Dal Rouncville

I now have 2500 miles on my new At2s and feel loke i can review them vs The older Atm.

Our winter has been horrible driving conditions last two months 1/4 inch of glare ice everywhere days, 3-5 inches of snow on highway. .

Perfect for testing these tires!

From what i can tell they preform very simular to the Atms , except in deeper snow or mud i would give the nod to the Atms they seem to have better lug clean out / grip in deeper stuff.
    The Atms r 50% noiser but still much quieter than a full mud tire by a long shot,
    Other than these slight differences they seem to be equals on ice, “as i said in another post if your not using the top 20% of ice tires these r going to out do most tires even full winter tires / i have driven, Nokians and Blizzaks so i understand full ice-winter tire grip,
    these r both amazing for a all weather tire than can be driven all year vs most full winter tires, that need to be changed out,

unless you drive in -20 enough to care or r willing to change full winter tires and summers for at best 20-30% better full winter grip “
    and again you better have picked a top 20% winter tire cause either of these Hankooks will out do lots of the lesser full winter tires.“
    i highly recommend either these with these slight differences one vs another. .

Atm2 if street is more your concern, more quiet and still excellent ice snow traction slight less material extraction.

If deep snow / mud is your bigger concern go with the Atms they have 20-30 % bigger lugs / better excavation of material and r 30-40 % quieter than most full Mud tires but with excellent ice grip for the winter
    “ but you dont care about noise do you mud / snow guys . . . Noooo you dont!!!!
    Yeeeeeee hawwwwww!!!!!

shockers
    Rochester

Great info. I have Firestone Destination on my F150 and while they seem to hold up well wear-wise, they’re terrible in ice/snow. So looking for exactly what Dal noted – the best AT tire in snow/ice, and yet not a true snow tire. Sounds like the ATM2s would fill my needs.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Good info guys. Thanks.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I also didn’t care for the ATM’s. Wasn’t like they were total trash, but never understood why everyone loves them so much.

Agree with this statement. There are better and worse tires out there.

FDR

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Every time I look at AT tires I gravitate to either General Grabber ATX or Continental TerrainContact. I’ve seen a lot of reviews and these stand out in the value/economical category. There are so many good choices.

Randy c ihnfeldt

I just ordered these online 3 weeks ago I ordered them from walmart.com got them delivered to my house for $124 each so total for four tires with installation there’s about 600 I keep reading people are paying a thousand that’s ridiculous that’s 400 more than you need to get them from walmart.com for 124 for each free shipping. They look good that grip good I’ve tested them already in deep sand, clay, gravel and
    deep water. Granted my vehicle is a 2-wheel drive front wheel drive vehicle but these tires are getting my car through things I’ve never gotten through before they’re well worth it hundred percent…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200208_132438235.jpg

2. IMG_20200208_132425709_HDR.jpg

Randy c ihnfeldt

I just ordered these online 3 weeks ago I ordered them from walmart.com got them delivered to my house for $124 each so total for four tires with installation there’s about 600. you can get them from walmart.com for 124 for each free shipping. They look good that grip good I’ve tested them already in deep sand, clay, gravel and
    deep water. Granted my vehicle is a 2-wheel drive front wheel drive vehicle but these tires are getting my car through things I’ve never gotten through before they’re well worth it hundred percent…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20200208_132438235-1.jpg

2. IMG_20200208_132425709_HDR-1.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

so total for four tires with installation there’s about 600 I keep reading people are paying a thousand that’s ridiculous that’s 400 more than you need to get them from walmart.com for 124 for each free shipping.

In all fairness, they get more expensive as you go up in size. My truck runs 275/55R20s. Yours only look like 225/70R16s. That’s a big difference. Glad you’re liking them, though.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.