Anyone have a youtube channel?

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Thanks Beads………I was refraining as i’m not allowed. I’m taken far to seriously here sometimes.

Mr. Fox, good luck on your venture.

Iowaboy1

nope,no youtube channel,but I do have a creek channel right next to my house,several huge knives with blood channels in the blade
    and a blu-ray thingy with several thousand channels on it.
    razzn ya James,good luck with whatever you do.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

James is a young guy…been posting here for a bit.

I’ll cut the younger ones some slack.

James, throw some Alaska fishing videos up. I’d love to see something unique.

Yellow Fever
    Kingston Ontario

Why the hate for Youtube? It’s an extension of taking pictures. I have friends that live all around the world (real friends not FB fakes) and post my videos on my site for them to see what i am up too. Some of my friends are no longer around and their families watch them. In fact i wish i had done it sooner so i would have videos of my brother. While some may post for recognition there are other reasons.

YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I do. It’s not interesting enough to warrant a link.

James Fox
    Delta Junction, Alaska

Are you guys full time youtubeing

Sylvanboat

With Stay-at-Home in effect I am into full time drinking and working on my boat and tackle.

Ripjiggen

Why the hate for Youtube? It’s an extension of taking pictures. I have friends that live all around the world (real friends not FB fakes) and post my videos on my site for them to see what i am up too. Some of my friends are no longer around and their families watch them. In fact i wish i had done it sooner so i would have videos of my brother. While some may post for recognition there are other reasons.

YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

I do not think it is the videos themselves. It is the pumping of the channel for likes. There have also been some folks that have advertised there channel here and never really contributed in any way to the discussions. Otherwise post away.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I also have one James.

http://www.youtube.com/waterandiceoutdoors

I take it seriously and not seriously at the same time. DEFINITELY not doing it full time as my wife would kick me out for only making $100 a month….. whistling Good luck with your channel. It’s definitely a grind.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I wish I was younger and figured out how to be a YouTube influencer. It’s a great gig of you can get it. BlacktipH is living the life

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Fox wrote:</div>

I wish I was younger and figured out how to be a YouTube influencer. It’s a great gig of you can get it. BlacktipH is living the life

I wish I would’ve started 5 years ago instead of two. Those guys are all living the life. Now the market is saturated and it’s a big time grind to even get monetized. I enjoy the filming and editing portion but it’s still work especially if you’re like me and not great at it. It also gives my wife another reason to say yes when I ask her to go fishing. mrgreen

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I also have one James.

I take it seriously and not seriously at the same time. DEFINITELY not doing it full time as my wife would kick me out for only making $100 a month….. whistling Good luck with your channel. It’s definitely a grind.

I was going to give you a like until i saw you bass fishing. shock rotflol

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mahtofire14 wrote:</div>
    I also have one James.

I was going to give you a like until i saw you bass fishing. shock rotflol

rotflol It’s probably the only thing I know enough about to make a decent video on!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I think a guy could make a pretty good living just editing for all the wanna be’s.

Editing is where it’s at, bad editing can’t make up for great subject matter.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think a guy could make a pretty good living just editing for all the wanna be’s.

Editing is where it’s at, bad editing can’t make up for great subject matter.

You got that right Dutch.

Yellow Fever
    Kingston Ontario

I do not think it is the videos themselves. It is the pumping of the channel for likes. There have also been some folks that have advertised there channel here and never really contributed in any way to the discussions. Otherwise post away.

Ok, thanks for the decent reply, i add my channel in my signature because someone actually found me and reached out that his wife and he were celebrating there 30 or 40 th wedding anniversary and were coming to Canada (Montreal) and he wanted to fish the Bay of Quinte, he drove the 3 hours to Kingston and i took him out and he caught some big Walleye. As i recall he was from North Dakota. It was really enjoyable.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

Editing is where it’s at, bad editing can’t make up for great subject matter great subject matter can’t make up for bad editing.

Speaking of editing coffee

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

I enjoy filming and editing videos of my fishing trips, it’s a fun hobby to supplement them and helps hang on to the memories. I don’t try to monetize it, so don’t need to promote it. But if it entertains you for a few hours during lockdown, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/lambeaumuskie/videos

Trigger warning: your taste in music and tolerance for occasional swearing may not match mine. coffee

Ahren Wagner
    Northern ND-MN

I used to make occasional videos. I don’t do it anymore really because it felt like it was more of a filming trip than a fishing trip. Good luck with your channel

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I used to make occasional videos. I don’t do it anymore really because it felt like it was more of a filming trip than a fishing trip. Good luck with your channel

The guys that are good aren’t using GoPros much. A lot of guys have guys running a decent camera.

I just wear a GoPro vest and what ever I get I edit. For the kayak I’d like to add another camera on a boom just to make it a little more interesting for me having 2 angles.

I do like not having to take pictures with my phone. I can lift pictures off the video or have it take a bunch of stills.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I do like not having to take pictures with my phone. I can lift pictures off the video or have it take a bunch of stills.

Yeah pulling stills off of the video is really nice for getting that perfect shot. And they are some pretty solid images too.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Same here. Made quite a few starting in 2010 when I get my first decent 1080p camera. Then kinda tailed off. Editing is a PIA !!!

Setting up a youtube channel is nice to have. (Price is right – LOL) Makes it easy to share/store vids. You can make them private to specific users with a password if you like. Sometimes a 2 minute video made to sell something is worth a 1,000 pics and an hour on the phone! And every once in a while one goes a little viral. Have one out there with over 50,000 views.

-J.

Deuces

When I was having outboard motor troubles I made a vid and sent it off to Sheldon to look at. Months later that thing had thousands of views. Thought it was pretty funny.

DWSDave31
    Southern WI

I have been doing this a while and all I have to say bud is make sure you are having fun doing it and to enjoy the outdoors more then worrying about what anyone has to say about your videos! Also looks like you might have the ability to film some cool adventures and I think everyone can appreciate that!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Its not that hard to make a YouTube channel. My son made one when he was 7 and could barely read. He watch a you tube video on how to do it. He makes videos of him playing video games. They are tough for me to watch. I do watch them all before I will allow him to post them. I personal don’t like YouTube when people come here to pimp their channel.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.