Alumacraft new boats for 2023

• Browndog
    Omaha, NE

It also looks like they fixed the console issue. It appears to be more robust and will hopefully stop the cracking/coming loose.

ThunderLund78

My kids would like jumping off it, that’s for sure. Pretty cool, but I wont be able to afford one for 8-10 years on the used market, so I’ll just sit back and see how they do.

I’m a fish/ski guy and I could be wrong, but Alumacraft seems to lack convertible bow options like Crestliner (or even a Lund Crossover). I’m sure there’s some options but I just don’t see a lot of that with Alumacraft.

CaptainMusky

The whole console area I really like, but that deck in the back I am not a fan of at all. Id want a traditional outboard on there too so its good to see there is an option for that.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’m with Nick on this one…You can add a traditional outboard to the same hull as well. They will also be in Manitou pontoons, where I expect them to be a bigger hit than the Alumacraft.

I’ve yet to see the specs on the engine but it seems relatively short, leading me to believe it’s a 2-smoke. Here’s to hoping looks are deceiving and it’s a member of the 4S ACE family. That would make for a damn good engine.

Reef W

I’ve yet to see the specs on the engine but it seems relatively short, leading me to believe it’s a 2-smoke. Here’s to hoping looks are deceiving and it’s a member of the 4S ACE family. That would make for a damn good engine.

2 stroke. Manitou says “Requires no oil changes, and one-touch winterization or auto storage to extend your boating season.” which is pretty much copy and pasted Etec advertising.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

You guys are focusing to much on that huge back deck and missing the 2 12″ graphs on the dash, and still being able to see. lol

ganderpike
    Alexandria

Wonder if it is still possible to add Power Poles?

KPE
    River Falls, WI

I run Lund but honestly I think this looks really cool. Although not sold on the Rotax, especially if it’s a 2 stroke which it sounds like it is?

I’d be interested to see more about that rotax and see how it holds up though. The idea of the powerhead being partially submerged seems to be very reliant on seals to keep catastrophic failure from occurring. Maybe not though, hard to tell.

The deck is what I like the most, looks amazing. Almost like they incorporated swamp/ river type boats with a deep V (integrated pods and a huge elevated deck). I’d run this with a Yamaha on it any day!

btrig

On another note, looking thru the Alumacraft website I noticed the 185 Competitor tiller is rated for 175 HP. How can that be?

Reef W

On another note, looking thru the Alumacraft website I noticed the 185 Competitor tiller is rated for 175 HP. How can that be?

Try to build one and it says up to 90hp like before. I think it’s just a typo.

Ripjiggen

I run Lund but honestly I think this looks really cool. Although not sold on the Rotax, especially if it’s a 2 stroke which it sounds like it is?

I’d be interested to see more about that rotax and see how it holds up though. The idea of the powerhead being partially submerged seems to be very reliant on seals to keep catastrophic failure from occurring. Maybe not though, hard to tell.

The deck is what I like the most, looks amazing. Almost like they incorporated swamp/ river type boats with a deep V (integrated pods and a huge elevated deck). I’d run this with a Yamaha on it any day!

Dont think that is possible. Pretty sure the only way you are getting the optional deck is with the Rotax motor.

mnfisherman18

I honestly don’t mind it. Some people will really like the back deck and others can order it without. They finally dropped the full width motor well from previous versions that ate up standing space while casting.

There may be other manufacturers who have finally come around this, but nice to see a counsel designed to accommodate 2 larger graphs.

Michael Sell

Here is one industry insider’s opinion.

blackbay
    mn

I saw the Team Marine video and I agree with him. This is the dumbest idea I’ve seen. The resale on one of these will be even worse than Bayliner with a Force outboard.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.