Alright, Alright, Alright!

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m on #4 so I can feel your pain plus some.

#4 – You sure are a Glutton for punishment !!!! doah Wishing you the best of luck on this one !!!

catmando
    wis

Was married for over 20 then divorced, married the mistake 2 years later, after a year I looked her in the eye with checkbook in hand and said How much to get you gone… She shot me a number I wrote it. Bout did me in. Marriage is about Love /Divorce is about $$$$ truly wish you Luck! DK.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Sorry to hear Matt. If you want to talk or have a beer or a finger or two let me know. I am heading to Winnie this weekend maybe there’s time to stop on the way back? Shoot me a text if you want. Best of luck bud.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Dang! Some tough love in this thread! lol!

While I at times long for my bachelorhood freedoms, I do love my wife and the fact she puts up with my crap. Can’t imagine life without her, or having to share the kids. 9 years with her this summer, and still seems to be going great!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Brian Klawitter wrote:</div>
    90% of my marriage is great! I’m just hoping that 90% can get me through the other 10%.

That’s a good one !!!! When someone ask me and my wife how long we have been married I always answer ” 20 Years, 5 of them Happily ” My wife never seems to find this Funny.

rotflol rotflol when they ask me i answer …..it feels like 5 minutes…….underwater!!!!!!!!!! mrgreen whistling whistling

John Timm

Good ole Minnesota, the no fault state. So either person in the marriage can do whatever they want and they are still entitled to half! No consequences!? Unbelievable! Sorry to hear.

Jensen

Best of luck Matt. Heading to mille lacs this weekend otherwise pm for a few beers and tabs.

MX1825

Marriage license–$
    Divorce decree—-$$$$$$$$$$$

Why Divorce is so expensive, because it’s worth it!! doah

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This is the saddest thread I’ve read in a long time, and I imagine the replies are just going to get worse and worse. I absolutely loved being married and it’s incredibly disheartening to realize the apparent rarity in just how lucky Billy and I were. 😔

Not rare, precious. I also count myself as one of the lucky ones.

B-man

Ugghhh that sucks EPG….wishing you the best sir.

Got a good buddy going through the same thing right now, but it sounds like she’s at least playing nice so far.

They’ve kept their finances separate the whole time (he bought a boat, land, garage, toys, etc all with his money). And she’s only taking half the house.

Another good buddy is married to a divorce attorney.

Now that would be scary rotflol

She freely admits if they ever get divorced that she will soak him for every penny he has jester

My Dad is on wife number three. I hope like hell that I never get past one.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

You beat me to that one Sheldon.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

That sucks EP but hopefully it’s worth it in the long run.Who gets the dogs?

haleysgold,4 times,what the hell.I’m curious,do you still stick screwdrivers and such in outlets?

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

This is the saddest thread I’ve read in a long time, and I imagine the replies are just going to get worse and worse. I absolutely loved being married and it’s incredibly disheartening to realize the apparent rarity in just how lucky Billy and I were. 😔

Totally agree, Sharon. I love being married and so does Mrs. Grouse. Just ask her.

On second thought, better just ask me. Yeah, stick to asking me. I love it.

Grouse

MNdrifter

haleysgold,4 times,what the hell.I’m curious,do you still stick screwdrivers and such in outlets?

I’m sorry, but that’s funny. rotflol

Matt. Give a call if you need something. I’m not good with feelings but I can drink your $hitty beer and pretend to like it if that’s what you need. Got a few days off February 14-17 if you want to go to LOTW’s. Guest spots yours if you want it. None of my buddies can get off work or miss Valentine’s Day……. I get a pass because my birthday is the 15th.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

What an awesome positive comment. 35 yrs here and doing very well.

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

This was in reply to Sharon. I dont know how to move things around

MX1825

I’m a lucky one also Sharon. Will be married to the FW 47 years in April. waytogo

haleysgold
    SE MN

That sucks EP but hopefully it’s worth it in the long run.Who gets the dogs?

And there it is. That would have felt good.

I doubt you can relate but b4 35, walk into a bar. Pick the best looking gal and the next thing ya know I’m hitched.
    Definitely not very bright but I learned. Almost 18 years now. We even survived Breast cancer together.

Good times but live and learn.

Good Luck EPG!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Like a hangover it hurts, costs to much for what ya get but you get past it.

I made 25 years, don’t regret much but we dissolved without a fight.

It gets better.

Snake ii’s

Single until 45, married for the last 13. Ups and downs, but that’s life. The key is finding someone that not only accepts your flaws, but is willing to put forth some effort to work through conflicts. I was lucky and married my best friend. I thought I had friends before, but no one like her. Got my back and will fight for me, too – same as I will do for her.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My earlier post was intended to be slightly humorous with the acronyms. Always sad to see a relationship turn toxic and be lost. Somewhere in the beginning of that relationship was something great.

My biggest issue with divorce is the sexist bias shown in the court system. Over the years I’ve seen too many guys get raped by a judge, or arbitration. Even after a mutual agreement ahead of time, a judge orders a very lopsided decision for the woman. Even worse when kids are involved.

For myself, wouldn’t change a thing. We were 16&17/high school sweethearts when we got together. About 40 years of her trying to train me has kept life interesting. I think the hardest part of marriage is to have that deep desire to share in all of your life experiences. As we get older and more set in our ways, it’s easy to shut out the interests of our spouse. Lord knows I’m very guilty of it. But I remain very open minded when she calls me out on it. Kind of hard to argue when I’m gone for weeks at a time doing my own things.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Well said Randy about the court system! It’s total BS

Greg Krull
    South Metro / Pool 4

Sorry to hear EPG. Just witnessed one of my best buddies go through the process over the last couple years. I haven’t seen him happier now and dove right back in and got remarried last summer.

As for me, my wife never finds the humor of me introducing her as “my first wife”, but she still is after 26 years.

Hang in there and lean on your close friends.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hey Ya’ll (see what I did there)
    Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement, it helps ease the pain.

I’ve met a lotta solid people here and that’s a wonderful thing.

On the bright side I’ll be able to get some of you hat racks up to the cabin, might have to drink Busch Lite and eat Wiener Water soup for a bit though. wink

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I feel for ya EPG. I’m in the same boat right now. Smack dab in the middle of a divorce. Fortunately for me, she says she doesn’t want it to get ugly & has been being nice about it all. Just sucks after 16 years & half my life with her, she wants to move on. Money is just that, money. Can make more next week. But losing a lifelong partner is tougher than hell.. Best of luck to you.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I feel for ya EPG. I’m in the same boat right now. Smack dab in the middle of a divorce. Fortunately for me, she says she doesn’t want it to get ugly & has been being nice about it all. Just sucks after 16 years & half my life with her, she wants to move on. Money is just that, money. Can make more next week. But losing a lifelong partner is tougher than hell.. Best of luck to you.

It was the toughest thing I did for a long long time. But I do promise you, it will get easier. 12 years for the kids mom and I. I thought life was over and I went in to a deep depression. A few of my friends were around and I tried shutting them out. They kept slapping me around to keep my head up high. And after I came back to reality, I am happier now then I was back then. Just takes awhile to let some one go when they were your best friend.
    I’m not much of a emotional feelings type, but I promise you that things get better.

KP
    Hudson, WI

EPG I don’t know you personally but love your posts on here and I’d gladly drink a BL Smoothie with ya but watching my diet so I’ll leave the Wiener Water Soup to you.

Not fun at all I’m sure but things will get better!

Joe033

Congratulations!!! Best thing that ever happened to me!!!

Attachments:
    1. FB_IMG_1643387120972.jpg

reverend
    Rhinelander, WI

I’m sorry to hear that Randy. My own divorce finalized Jan 5th, two weeks after filing; possibly the quickest divorce from file to final in WI history.
    I got lucky, we agreed to a 50/50 full custody and we’d liquidated the house prior to filing. The rest of the debt-she took hers and I took mine.
    I was terrified going into it based on all the horror stories I’d seen over the years. In the end, all she wanted was out.

I hope for you it all works out at least somewhat fair, and you get to move on well. Good luck man.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Sorry to hear EPG. Get things sorted out in the next few months because you have to focus on how you’re going to build your dock this year!! lol

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.