Alright, Alright, Alright!

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Had the Divorce Mediation yesterday (yup busy day – PSA am, Mediation pm)
    I dodged one bullet, the other hit me right between the eyes. doah

However, I did get the cabin! toast

MNdrifter

Congrats on keeping your fortress of solitude! yay toast

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Woofda. Best of luck with the process. I don’t know anyone that I’m close with who have ever went through divorce, but I’ve heard second-hand horror stories.

Keeping your cabin seems like a decent start though!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If you got the Cabin – Then anything else you end up with be a extra bonus. I know some who got out with nothing more than the shirt on their back, and they had to spend lots of money on lawyer fees just to get that.

404 ERROR
    MN

Woof. Can’t imagine going through that, specially with your own business. Hope you come out of it with at least your boxers, boots and cabin…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eelpoutguy wrote:</div>

If you got the Cabin – Then anything else you end up with be a extra bonus. I know some who got out with nothing more than the shirt on their back, and they had to spend lots of money on lawyer fees just to get that.

Ahhh, like the check I had to write and the next 5 years of monthly payments cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
    Anyone have a shirt they could let me use, cuz she got that too.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Perfect reason to never get married

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

You are a wise one Mr Bearcat89.

Funny, my 1st divorce was 30 years ago. I used the same lawyer for this one. I told him that this was the last time we will be doing business.

Sharon
    SE Metro

This is the saddest thread I’ve read in a long time, and I imagine the replies are just going to get worse and worse. I absolutely loved being married and it’s incredibly disheartening to realize the apparent rarity in just how lucky Billy and I were. 😔

Deuces

Mediation sucks. Glad to hear it’s over tho. Move on to better things. YOLO toast

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

You are a wise one Mr Bearcat89.

Funny, my 1st divorce was 30 years ago. I used the same lawyer for this one. I told him that this was the last time we will be doing business.

I was a lucky man that I never officially married the kids mom. She wanted everything and realized fast that wasn’t happening. I was nice and gave her my new car at the time and I kept the rest.

Iowaboy1

She had better not of gotten the Quisp shirt!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

This is the saddest thread I’ve read in a long time, and I imagine the replies are just going to get worse and worse. I absolutely loved being married and it’s incredibly disheartening to realize the apparent rarity in just how lucky Billy and I were. 😔

Being married mentally is just as strong as legally but the government has nothing to do with it.
    It’s very sad when some one leaves the other and wants to destroy the other person’s life, and the law allows

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Lots of us are happily married Sharon, unfortunately it doesn’t always work out or stay that way.

Glad you got to keep the cabin EPG, a few winning rippies should be replenish the wardrobe in no time. And I’ll owe you a corona next time I see ya! Regardless if it’s a congrats, or condolences situation.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Sorry to hear EPG, mediation is a joke, just another lawyer to pay for. I got bent over three years ago, but it’s only money…kids and I are much happier now

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Lots of us are happily married Sharon, unfortunately it doesn’t always work out or stay that way.

Same. Its not for everyone though.

There’s usually two sides to a story.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

This is why I keep everything in my dogs name. He’s a good boy. Goes woof.

Charles

Well if your up at the cabin this weekend, and if you need a drink I am not far away and if you need any spare work I have plenty projects also lol.

However that seriously sucks man,

duh queen

Marriage means having to say “I can’t go fishing today, guys.” It ain’t a 50-50 commitment. It”s a 100-100.
    That said, She has here interests, usually craft type stuff, and I have my fishing/hunting stuff…………….and I still get roped into crossing the country to see the kids who live in states I’d normally avoid by two time zones. Oh well, I guess no good deed goes unpunished

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

You were indeed a lucky one Sharon. Hope all the best in the future for you as well. As someone who is married and have only been married to one person, I can say that its not always easy, but if you communicate when you are unset or unhappy about something rather than let the anger build, then things often work out. It is sad when a married couple find themselves no longer in love or not able to work out their differences. Its even more sad when there are children involved. Sadly I’ve saw some divorces end up turning really ugly. I’m not sure why that needs to happen. It does neither side much good and normally ends up costing both parties way to much.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have shirt you can have, and if you were a 32 x32 then I got a pair of carhartt pants for you al well. You will have to bedazzle them your self tho I don’t do that toast

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

sorry to hear EPG. Even if its the right move to make its never easy. 30 years is a long time to be with someone too. Big changes ahead but im sure there will be plenty of sunny days too.

Good news on the cabin too! Those are hard to come by

hartridge

The old divorce mediation. Been there, done that. Never want to go through that again. Lost a lot of money, but it was the best money I ever spent.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Ok, this will be the most sexist comment I will probably ever make on here. whistling You little lady are female. Find Every Man’s Assets – Liquidate Everything

Most of us on here are male – Married And Losing Everything

Unfortunately, I’ve seen way too many friends call it quits and head through a divorce. Sad to think how great things were in the beginning, but not everyone grows together or at the same pace. However, the courts are generally a very sexist place. Too often people go in with a pre-agreed upon division of assets and the judge or whomever just cuts a mans balls off and serves them to the woman on a golden platter – of which usually the man has to pay for. Just one of the reasons for the phrase “Its cheaper to keep her”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrAVtDWW4AAO_Ow?format=jpg&name=360×360

haleysgold
    SE MN

I’m on #4 so I can feel your pain plus some.

#3 I found a DIY divorce kit at office max. Just filled in the blanks using the last round of papers and changed the name.
    Never paid a lawyer 1 nickel. When I filed them, in 1996, the judge…who I knew by then was pretty curious but it was all in order.

I still can’t hear myself fart if ya know what I mean.
    😲

Good luck EPG!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

dang EPG……. sorry to hear.. thought i sensed something brewing in some of your posts….

i got divorced from the ole sea hag, my ex-wife, back about 1979. i did get 3 good kids out of the deal. we just had a house built too, i had to give her some money but except for her belongings i got full legal custody of the kids and the house!!

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

If you want to have a beer tonight with someone give me a call. I can pay since you don’t have any money. It can’t be too late since I am driving up to Lake of the Wood at 4 am. Glad you were able to keep the cabin. Did you also get to keep the nice garage/office/shop by your house? I could store your Festool Domino and maybe some of your other tools for you.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

90% of my marriage is great! I’m just hoping that 90% can get me through the other 10%.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

90% of my marriage is great! I’m just hoping that 90% can get me through the other 10%.

That’s a good one !!!! When someone ask me and my wife how long we have been married I always answer ” 20 Years, 5 of them Happily ” My wife never seems to find this Funny.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.