Alaska Trip Newbie

• Jason

Ok. very cool pictures and results.
    Curiosity has me wondering what a fishing trip to Alaska costs for a week or 10 days?

Are we talking $500 a day or $1000+ a day all in?? Just trying to plan ahead on my end..

bassh8er

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bassh8er wrote:</div>
    Thanks for all the tips guys; definitely a different kind of fishing. I’m not trying to complain but it’s not necessarily a “fun” way to fish. We limited on sockeye 2 days and halibut another with some bonus cod and rockfish; going after halibut again tomorrow. I’m 36 and run 20-30 miles every week but reeling in a 4 lb weight with a fish attached in over 500’ of water is a real ball-buster. My left bicep was toast after that day.

I can tell in your photo you fished the Kenai with Kyle. Red fishing is weird, but since they’re krill/plankton eaters, there’s nothing you can put on a hook to get them to bite. King, silvers, and pinks are all willing biters and are fished more traditionally. Plugs, spinners, spoons, spin n glo’s with eggs are trolled or cast. Almost all of it s done in a boat and not from the bank in waders.

We did go with Kenai Kyle one day and we were in waders from the bank.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Curiosity has me wondering what a fishing trip to Alaska costs for a week or 10 days?

Are we talking $500 a day or $1000+ a day all in?? Just trying to plan ahead on my end..

It all depends on what and how you do it. We rent a house when we are there and do our own thing including cooking which helps to keep the cost down. Just start looking around at what you want to do and you will get an idea on the cost.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

When we went to Ketchikan we chartered a 30′ Hewe’s and it was $2400/day.

tswoboda

Sleep in a tent and fish the rivers on your own and you could do it under $100 a day. Stay at a resort and fish guided or on charters every day and you’ll be much closer to that $1000 a day number.

Don Carlisle
    Aitkin mn

When we go up we stay on the Kenai river in a log home pretty nice accommodations it cost 3,600 a week sleeps 6 comfortably. Then fish on platforms on the river.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.