2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

GMBG and Hynes presser at 9:00am on Wild’s Youtube channel and KFAN…

JoeMX1825
    MN

good lord some of the comments in the Wild Youtube chat during the press conference are just insanely stupid…Hynes is an in-season coach replacement, nothing more than that, who do you think they were going to get to coach this team right now?

CaptainMusky

Mn sports fans are nothing if they are not irrational. I dont particularly care for the hire either, but if a change needed to be done there were few other options and internally was not an option.

Ripjiggen

And when he coaches them out of a top pick he will get extended.

tswoboda

I think Babcock is available jester

Hynes doesn’t have the interim label does he?

JoeMX1825
    MN

How has there not been any questions regarding the PK and PP? Who will run them? what changes will be made? etc…

Ripjiggen

I think Babcock is available jester

Hynes doesn’t have the interim label does he?

No interim tag.

JoeMX1825
    MN

If the Wild are up tonight late in the 3rd, You can bet Boldy will be on the ice
    and told not to come off and EVERYBODY will be looking to get him the puck for an empty net goal…just need to get to late in the 3rd with a lead, not so easy this year…

CaptainMusky

As bad of a start as this has been are they not only like 7pts from a playoff spot?

Ripjiggen

Is woods job open to the public to apply for? I would like to send in my resume. My Mite 2 PP is humming at 62 percent and my suffocating PK is at 100 percent.

JoeMX1825
    MN

hmmm, at the very end did GMBG just say this wasn’t just a 1 year “thing” with Hynes?

JoeMX1825
    MN

As bad of a start as this has been are they not only like 7pts from a playoff spot?

Thank you TERRIBLE Western conference…

CaptainMusky

Read an article by Goldman in the Athletic about Hynes and she is NOT very glowing about this hire LOL

tswoboda

Read an article by Goldman in the Athletic about Hynes and she is NOT very glowing about this hire LOL

She rips every coaching hire that is a retread, no matter who it is. Always championing for 1st time head coaches. It’s like her bit.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t like Hynes either. I just think hating on all retread coaches is super dumb.

JoeMX1825
    MN

so it looks like the Wild promoted their AHL PK coach (Iowa Wild PK was ranked 24th in the league) so problem solved…

CaptainMusky

I just think hating on all retread coaches is super dumb.

I dont read much of her work, but I find your comment interesting if she has a history of that.

tswoboda

This is from May, like a week before 3 of 4 coaches in the Conference Finals were freshly recycled

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231128_111730_X.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

s woods job open to the public to apply for? I would like to send in my resume. My Mite 2 PP is humming at 62 percent and my suffocating PK is at 100 percent.

The season ticketholder who sits directly to my right is a HS JV girls coach. I had suggested this very thing–that he could run the Wild PP better and that he should apply to coach them.

As it transpires, his current girl’s team just loses its collective mind on the PP. He said never seen anything like it, it’s like the opportunity is so good that they just lock up on the power play and come completely unglued. Suddenly can’t even drink from their water bottles, much less skate, pass, and shoot. They’re humming along at 6% this year and have given up 8 shorthanded goals.

He was so frustrated that he attempted to decline penalties during one game. He called the refs over and said they wanted to decline the tripping penalty because being on the power play puts them at a disadvantage.

Apparently, you can’t joke with today’s JV officiating crews. He said that it stopped play for like 5 minutes while they discussed it with the scoring table and looked at the rule book and then a very earnest young referee came over and told him sorry, but that the deal is only available in football and his team would have to go on the PP whether they liked it or not.

So if/when he manages to get HIS team back on track, I’d think he’d be ideally qualified to deal with the Wild PP.

tswoboda

^^Sounds like a clown show making a mockery of HS girls hockey

Usually it’s around Peewees when powerplays actually become an advantage

JoeMX1825
    MN

Chicago put the Worm on waivers with the intention of terminating his contract…lol, he totally did it…

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6490.jpeg

CaptainMusky

Its been refuted multiple times but I did see a tweet from Bedard today that said “I dont even know what to say”.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its been refuted multiple times but I did see a tweet from Bedard today that said “I dont even know what to say”.

yeah, I 100% trust everything the Chicago Blackhawks organization says…They’ll likely have Perry sign a NDA as part of his release…

tswoboda

4 pm press conference today be like

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20231128_133608_Chrome.jpg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

^^Sounds like a clown show making a mockery of HS girls hockey

Usually it’s around Peewees when powerplays actually become an advantage

Haha, I remember those days. Honestly the PP at the pee wee level when I was there was not much of an advantage either. When I got to Bantams then there was an noticeable advantage because we could actually shoot the puck.

tswoboda

That’s a parody account rotflol

JoeMX1825
    MN

and now all of the NHL insiders are coming out claiming the story is BS…i’m sure it has nothing to do with them wanting to get on Bedard and the Blackhawks good side so they get media access to him the rest of their careers…

tswoboda

To be clear I don’t believe this rumour is true for a second, I think it’s complete BS made up on Twitter.

But GD the jokes are too good to resist. I hope a reporter has to literally ask Davidson if it’s true and say the words at the press conference. And I hope it’s Mark Lazerus.

CaptainMusky

Did you guys see the ref call from the Ottawa game last night? LOL. And everyone on the ice 10 minute misconduct LOL

JoeMX1825
    MN

I give the rumor a 20% chance its true…the wording in the press release of him being put on waivers for termination is just too much careful lawyer speak…you start to run out of reasons he would just get immediately dropped like that and not have more concrete wording for the reason for his release (either substance abuse? sexual crime physically against a teammate or team employee? or Gambling?)

You’d think Connor (or his media team) would tell the Blackhawks brass to put the specific reason for Perry’s release out so he doesn’t get inundated with reports that Perry banged his mom… yet that hasn’t happend…there’s obviously been no laws broken or that would be part of it too….

and somebody explain to me how his caphit just dissapears from Chicago’s books? if its due to violating contractual grounds for termination, shouldn’t those grounds be public?

Viewing 30 posts - 1,771 through 1,800 (of 5,371 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.