2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Its crazy how the second a GM gives the coach the vote of confidence it’s the kiss of death.

tswoboda

Dean has the 21st best points percentage among NHL coaches all time.

He is 8th among active coaches.

John Hynes is 138th all time.

Russo dropped the name John Hynes recently and I’ll probably puke if they bring him in.

Excuse me for a minute

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is that something that really needs to be investigated? Like it’s a scumbag move yeah, and the team should definitely give him the boot, but there’s no legal issues or anything like that is there? I mean no one complained when Gordie Howe was doing it 40+ years ago

I was mostly poking fun that because its Chicago nothing will happen and it will be swept under the rug and forgotten about…

if true, Bedard will NEVER hear the end of it on the ice, it will haunt him for the rest of his career and life afterwards sadly…and the worm will move into legend status in every post-puberty hockey locker room besides Chicago’s…you know its true…somewhere a screen writer working on the script for Youngblood 2 just added a chapter…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

And John Hynes is your new coach.

Sure sounds like it. Is that a good thing? I’m seeing a lot of mixed opinions.

I’m surprised they kept any of the coaching staff. Does Darby have dirt on everyone in the organization? This is his what, 7th coaching change he’s survived?

JoeMX1825
    MN

I told you they would keep Darby….now go hire Doug Weight as an assistant coach GMBG!

JoeMX1825
    MN

No way do I think Hynes is a long term solution, just somebody with some experiance to get through the season…

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m surprised they kept any of the coaching staff. Does Darby have dirt on everyone in the organization? This is his what, 7th coaching change he’s survived?

its a PR lifeline….Darby will be gone this summer….

Ripjiggen

This site has been so brutal on my iPhone today.

JoeMX1825
    MN

kfan goes into Vikings pregame so no news besides Twitter…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Hartman suspended 2 games, and the hits keep on coming…

JoeMX1825
    MN

do we think Freddy will take a personal leave of absence from the team for awhile?

Ripjiggen

Why did he bang Bedard’s mom too?

Just watched Russo on NHL network. Looked like he just woke up from a nap.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Why did he bang Bedard’s mom too?

Just watched Russo on NHL network. Looked like he just woke up from a nap.

Beat me to it!!!!! rotflol

CaptainMusky

I’m not so sure about this move. I think it’s more about the players themselves but I get it.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m not so sure about this move. I think it’s more about the players themselves but I get it.

it was the only impactful move GMBG can make, I dont think trading Duhaime for a 2026 5th round pick was going to get the players going… its a desperation move to try and shock the players out of their funk and save the season, tomorrow’s game won’t be a tell because the players will likely play extra hard for a new coach anyways, its 2-3 games later when we’ll see if it did anything or not…

Ripjiggen

I think BG is going to be the next one on the hot seat.

JoeMX1825
    MN

nah, he had a 5 year plan all laid out and Craig signed off on it… He’ll get 2 years after the main buyout pain is over to produce a cup or trips to the finals before his seat gets hot…

AK Guy

I don’t agree with Deano being fired, but I get why. He’ll have a long career ahead of him hopping from team to team. Lots of retreads in this league.

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Sad state of affairs for the Wild right now. Train wreck, really.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Ripjiggen wrote:</div>

nah, he had a 5 year plan all laid out and Craig signed off on it… He’ll get 2 years after the main buyout pain is over to produce a cup or trips to the finals before his seat gets hot…

Sure he signed off on a 5 year plan, doesn’t mean he has to let him see it through.
    Yeah not to many GM’s last 4 coaching changes.
    Dean was the scapegoat for a team playing poorly. That team was put out there from BG and will be the same team for next handful of years. If you think Leo likes hearing consistant booing from fans you’re kidding yourself.
    Especially when he is looking for financial help to renovate a arena.

No I don’t think he is in anyway getting canned this year.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Craig just promoted Billy king of the castle this year so he wouldn’t get poached by a top franchise, he isnt going anywhere… it wouldn’t surprise me if firing Deano and staff was in the cards the whole time (just a matter of when) so Billy can pick the staff he wants to push the team over the hump when the buyouts are over with…

Of course nobody figured they would be this bad after 19 games and I don’t expect them to be bad enough to get a meaningful pick in the draft, so we’ll see what happens….

Ripjiggen

We shall see. This notion to just make through the buyouts and they magically become some Stanley Cup contending team is a fun fantasy to watch unfold.

JoeMX1825
    MN

We shall see. This notion to just make through the buyouts and they magically become some Stanley Cup contending team is a fun fantasy to watch unfold.

so is staying competitive with $15 million less to spend than everyone else… hell we cant even call up our “best AHL guys” because they make $850k

The end of the buyout cuprun window opening just lines up with Kirill hopefully re-signed and all of our young core guys past their growing pains…

Yes, GMBG put himself and the team there, but Parise looks to be retired early and Suter was almost the 1st player ever bought out a 2nd time this offseason, so it could theoretically be worse capwise if the buyouts didn’t happen…

Ripjiggen

I don’t think there was any smoke to Suter being bought out this past summer except for those writers that need clicks.
    I am not disagreeing with buying those guys out but find it fairly interesting that money will magically build this team. I am more skeptical that they will resign KK and that they will attract talent via FA. Unless it’s Minnesota boys I have my doubts.
    I guess we shall see.

tswoboda

At this point I’m most excited to see how John King and Ryan Carter put a positive spin on this

JoeMX1825
    MN

At this point I’m most excited to see how John King and Ryan Carter put a positive spin on this

Think Hynes will enjoy the free Duke Cannon gift set for being a guest on the podcast?

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Might be time to make sure my ice fishing gear is in order because it sure isn’t worth watching the Wild right now.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,741 through 1,770 (of 5,506 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.