2023/2024 NHL/WILD Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Did you guys see the ref call from the Ottawa game last night? LOL. And everyone on the ice 10 minute misconduct LOL

How about the Tkachuk’s family & grandparents being in the crowd and grandma wasn’t happy with all of the fighting her grandbabies were doing… lol

JoeMX1825
    MN

TS,

Here’s a new stat for you to include in your data posts…

“Moms per 60”

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6491.jpeg

wormdunker

Haha, I remember those days. Honestly the PP at the pee wee level when I was there was not much of an advantage either. When I got to Bantams then there was an noticeable advantage because we could actually shoot the puck.

You obviously haven’t seen top level (A/AA) Peewees play today. Most are likely able to shoot comparable or better than when you were a bantam. 90 second penalties are the only reason they dont score often on the PP.

JoeMX1825
    MN

GMBG will be on KFAN at 3:30pm to talk with Barreiro, this should be good…

tswoboda

and somebody explain to me how his caphit just dissapears from Chicago’s books? if its due to violating contractual grounds for termination, shouldn’t those grounds be public?

Pretty much any player can have their contract terminated (caphit gone), so long as they agree to it. It’s rare because with termination they lose the salary as well, roughly $1.5m for Perry I think. Filip Zadina did that with the Red Wings this fall too. If Perry fights it then I guess it would probably become public information, but really there’s no obligation to make information public.

JoeMX1825
    MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>JoeMX1825 wrote:</div>
    and somebody explain to me how his caphit just dissapears from Chicago’s books? if its due to violating contractual grounds for termination, shouldn’t those grounds be public?

Pretty much any player can have their contract terminated (caphit gone), so long as they agree to it. It’s rare because with termination they lose the salary as well, roughly $1.5m for Perry I think. Filip Zadina did that with the Red Wings this fall too. If Perry fights it then I guess it would probably become public information, but really there’s no obligation to make information public.

ahhh, got it… sign this form and never speak about it again and we’ll leave a bag of cash on your porch doorstep…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

All I can say about the Perry thing is that it is impressive in the Internet and social media era just how tight the lid has been kept on what he allegedly did. This deal is as airtight as it gets for a national story.

Speculation everywhere, but nobody credibly going out saying they know. Most legit sources are going out of their way to say they don’t know.

The Blackhawk organization must have told all employees who know the real story that if anyone leaks anything, they’ll be hunted down and wearing cement shoes next to Jimmy Hoffa.

Just the rapid progression in how this went from suspension to termination of his contract for cause with no investigation or anyone saying don’t rush to judgement says to me that whatever went down, it was really, REALLY bad. And obviously whatever happened was impossible for Perry to refute or he be trying right now.

JoeMX1825
    MN

It reeks of a coverup to avoid a career’s worth of embarrassment for a franchise’s future star and face of the league… We’re supposed to just take the word of an internal investigation by a Management group that covered up an internal sexual abuse scandal for a decade… If what Perry did was so bad they cant talk about it, where’s the police investigation? or charges filed?

This all falls on the Blackhawks franchise, they could have squashed the rumors immediately if untrue…the fact they didn’t is what poured fuel on the rumor catching fire…

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It reeks of a coverup to avoid a career’s worth of embarrassment for a franchise’s future star and face of the league…

From the franchise and the NHL’s perspective this might hold water. But I can’t believe Perry would just go quietly along with it as he’s marched out of both the Blackhawks organization and the entire NHL.

Wouldn’t he be out there saying that this was consensual, blah, blah and that it’s none of the teams or the league’s business?

Also, can they really have a morality clause in the NHL contracts that legally allow termination for having an affair?

Still a strange situation considering how much time has passed we still have absolutely no clear idea of what happened.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Oooh, it looks like we get the “Lazy Binnington” tonight based on that effort on Ek’s goal… need to capitalize…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

We’re coming!!!!!!! Comeback is starting!!!! jester

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You obviously haven’t seen top level (A/AA) Peewees play today. Most are likely able to shoot comparable or better than when you were a bantam. 90 second penalties are the only reason they dont score often on the PP.

Your right, I havent been around it 30 years now. There was no such thing as AA either. A was the highest level. I was a B player.

We could body check in pee wees when I played. Apparently that isnt permitted until bantams now. ???

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

So when does Wallstedt get the call up?

JoeMX1825
    MN

2 pipes and a Freddy floater, maybe Deano took the bad puck luck with him…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Good lord Boldy is like 0-20 picking corners this season… you think the law of averages would have kicked in 10 shots ago… curious to know how much he’s missing by? Defense loves it as its a free clear out of the zone…

JoeMX1825
    MN

Holy crap what a backcheck just now by Faber!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Good lord Boldy is like 0-20 picking corners this season… you think the law of averages would have kicked in 10 shots ago… curious to know how much he’s missing by? Defense loves it as its a free clear out of the zone…

Does anyone keep track of percentage of shots on goal vs. shot attempts? You gotta think the wild are in the bottom 3.

tswoboda

12th in shot attempts
    14th in unblocked shot attempts
    17th in shots on net

Fair to say they get more shots blocked than average and miss the net more than average

JoeMX1825
    MN

Somebody needs to bring in a live chicken for Boldy to sacrifice, dude has some bad juju hanging around him…

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

That last 5 of the 2nd was one of the better 5 minute stretches of the season. Still fruitless but at least we looked competent again.

basseyes

No joke, Boldy needs some serious help.

basseyes

Boldy, Boldy, Boldy.

CaptainMusky

Boldy with his 8000 penalty this year.

basseyes

Oh Boldy needed that one!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Well hopefully that gets the monkey off Boldy’s back. And the rest of the team as well.

Much better effort all around.

tswoboda

I’ve always said how much I love John Hynes whistling

Boldy rotflol

The PK waytogo

Ripjiggen

Must have been the coach. whistling
    Bagosian is a good Wild on 7th.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,801 through 1,830 (of 5,361 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.