Cass Lake area this weekend.

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Anyone else going to be up to Cass this weekend? We will ne up there again targeting panfish around Kitchi. The bite has been pretty good the last few weekends targeting dead reed beds. Minnows been getting some fish to go but need to let them sit a while. Euro large, waxies, and gulp minnows on small hair type jigs have been real good. Looking forward to chasing panfish for 4 days.

Attachments:
    1. 20240512_153357-scaled.jpg

LabDaddy1

I’ll be in the longville area Friday thru Monday morning doing some crappie fishing and maybe walleye. Hopefully find a good bite or two.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

No perch? I hear the size and numbers are good

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We have been getting a few decent Perch but haven’t really been looking for them. They are wormy to.

Erik Swenson

Nice crops, Mike. I’ll be up at the cabin on Bowstring all next week. It’s probably 45 minutes over there from our place. Maybe have to meet up with you boys one day. Where you staying/launching?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We launch at Pikehole. Staying on Little Rice lake.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

Spent a few days on Cass this last weekend but did not target panfish. Walleye bite was decent Thursday and Friday, but we struggled Saturday after the cold front in the wind. I swear the wind switched directions 6 times the 3 days we were there. I’ve heard of the crappies in Kitchi. Wish we would’ve went up there. Water temps were around 57 give or take on the main lake.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Nice looking fish Mike.I’m heading up to andrusia on Saturday for the first time for a family trip, I like to try and find some sunnies for my cousins from Utah to target and I will Chase walleye if necessary not sure if I will make it over to kitchi or the rice lakes, much for sunnies to be found in andrusia, Allen’s, wolf or up the Mississippi? I’m assuming Reed beds? Spawning beds?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We trolled a lot of beetle spins last trip up there. The sunnies have no problem chasing them down. Get out very early morning and troll the cabbage. Trolling can also help to locate areas with the panfish are using then go back and throw bobbers at those spots. We go through a pile of waxies and euro larva while up there. Gump minnows is another good choice to. Chippewa Charlie jigs plenty of different plastics.b

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.