2022 MN WILD/NHL THREAD

• JoeMX1825
    MN

I was getting nervious TNT would overeact and pull him off the air with all of his twitter replies regarding the Kodak Black Panthers “incident” a few nights ago…

That whole TNT TV crew is fun to listen to, ESPN should completely gut their production and copy TNT’s… I lol’s when I saw him try to break the stick over his leg…too funny…

tswoboda

Khusnutdinov back to the 4th line today. Their last game was on ESPN+ and I think they are again next week, but I can’t watch that trash hockey… the style so slow and boring.

CaptainMusky

Ek out Friday due to positive covid test. Dude cannot catch a break. He hasnt played a game in 25 days.

tswoboda

Oh FFS now Ek is out with COVID. Looks like he will get the extra rest before coming back after all!

So do they put Rask on the GREEF line or put him back at home between KK and Zuccy? I’m sure they want to get that top line back together but I think putting Rask there makes more sense… he’s always on fire coming off a health bomb!

CaptainMusky

Oh FFS now Ek is out with COVID. Looks like he will get the extra rest before coming back after all!

Thats the bright side I guess. Sheesh, the Ducks have played 6 more games than the Wild. Hopefully they announce the rescheduled postponed games. Probably trying to ride out the Canadian Teams no fans issue.

CaptainMusky

So do they put Rask on the GREEF line or put him back at home between KK and Zuccy? I’m sure they want to get that top line back together but I think putting Rask there makes more sense… he’s always on fire coming off a health bomb!

Rask is what he is, but when he has been out of the lineup and came back in with KK and Zucc he actually has played pretty well. I thought he had a pretty decent game last time he played.

tswoboda

Khusnutdinov back to the 4th line today. Their last game was on ESPN+ and I think they are again next week, but I can’t watch that trash hockey… the style so slow and boring.

And MK scores! That’s his first goal in a long time since starting the season red hot! Ice time and usage has been a big factor in that…

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tswoboda wrote:</div>

And MK scores! That’s his first goal in a long time since starting the season red hot! Ice time and usage has been a big factor in that…

Still playing wing?

JoeMX1825
    MN

getting extra no contact rest from a ligament/tissue injury is just fine with me.. best get it over with now vs next month when we’ll have like 20 games in 30 days……

CaptainMusky

getting extra no contact rest from a ligament/tissue injury is just fine with me.. best get it over with now vs next month when we’ll have like 20 games in 30 days……

Evason told him before practice yesterday to avoid contact. First thing he does is plows right into Benn. LOL The kid cannot turn it off and I love it.

CaptainMusky

Johansson with a goal and assist today. 4 game point streak. May not have been as bad of a pick as initially thought. 5 goals now on the season.

tswoboda

Johansson with a goal and assist today. 4 game point streak. May not have been as bad of a pick as initially thought. 5 goals now on the season.

Initially read this as MARCUS and not FILIP… was very confused. whistling

No way that he ever plays in the NHL… I hope they get the compensatory pick.

CaptainMusky

No way that he ever plays in the NHL… I hope they get the compensatory pick.

Probably not, but we all know that most time D take more time to develop. Id be fine with a compensatory pick. Isnt it like a 2nd?

tswoboda

JFC it wasn’t Filip either, it was SIMON Johnasson. Too many Wild legends with the Johansson surname.

CaptainMusky

JFC it wasn’t Filip either, it was SIMON Johnasson. Too many Wild legends with the Johansson surname.

LOL I just looked it up too before coming back to this thread! To cap it off they were both drafted the same year! Maybe this Johansson will be good. -)

CaptainMusky

Turns out Marat was playing center today and was 9/9 on faceoffs. We comin’!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Turns out Marat was playing center today and was 9/9 on faceoffs. We comin’!

I’m lowering my expectations of him until he comes over and plays in the AHL and shows something… I thought he looked terrible in the few games Russia got to play in the recent WJC when he should have been dominant…The games i’ve seen him play in the KHL haven’t looked anything special other than he has speed, he still gets pushed off the puck with minimal effort and didn’t appear to have much of an offensive motor (gave up alot)

He’s still young so there’s plenty of time for him to get stronger and build out his frame…

Ripjiggen

I also find it hard to look forward to some of these prospects. Just so much can happen between now and when they may actually play. If they do actually play. Slotting guys in the roster 2-3 or more years down the road just doesn’t do a whole lot for me.

CaptainMusky

I also find it hard to look forward to some of these prospects. Just so much can happen between now and when they may actually play. If they do actually play. Slotting guys in the roster 2-3 or more years down the road just doesn’t do a whole lot for me.

Right and he’s Russian which complicates the fact since he will be in the KHL for a while yet. It will be more important to see him in Iowa which is definitely a tier above the KHL. The key is growth each year in the KHL though too.

CaptainMusky

Marat (aka urine missile) was the fastest skater in today’s game at 22.8MPH

Ice Cap

Man this league is becoming a steaming pile of herky jerky bs. Covid, cancelled games, Canada no fans, not playing games for days on end. Ugh. A guy could lose interest after awhile. frown

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

KK and Talbot make the Central Division All Star team. Talbot a little surprising to me but I suppose he is among leaders in wins. Should be fun to see Karill in the skills.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Man this league is becoming a steaming pile of herky jerky bs. Covid, cancelled games, Canada no fans, not playing games for days on end. Ugh. A guy could lose interest after awhile. frown

They are playing a GAME in the middle of a world PANDEMIC during a surge of the most contagious virus variant the earth has ever seen…I’m more than happy to cut everyone a break and be happy with what we get…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The US Olympic roster was announced last night.

There is a lot of local flavor on this squad. It has players from Minnesota, St Cloud, Mankato, Duluth, and North Dakota. Plus coaches from St Cloud and Mankato.

Here it is in case you’re interested.

https://teamusa.usahockey.com/2022olympicmenroster

JoeMX1825
    MN

Thank god Gigi is only doing pregame vs the actual game tonight! She cant put 2 sentences together sofar….

CaptainMusky

Fiala loves having Boldy I the other side

CaptainMusky

For f sake I’ve typed 69 messages and it hasnt worked

Doug M
    SE SD

If Fiala and Boldy develop a special connection, does that change in how you view Fiala’s Wild future?

Ice Cap

If Fiala and Boldy develop a special connection, does that change in how you view Fiala’s Wild future?

I don’t think it matters what Fiala does the Wild don’t want or can’t afford him anyhow. Dumba is kind of teachers pet so they will do everything they can to keep him. Which by the way he had another gross turnover that damn near wound up in the back of our net last night. Imo in order for Fiala to be consistently successful he needs to be moved to a team that puts better talent around him on a consistent basis. When that happens he’s going to give a lot of Wild fans sellers remorse.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Dumba had about 3-4 bad turnovers last night, but so did alot of players (Foligno, Kaprizov, Fiala, Zuccarello,Kulikov, Marrell, etc)

I was honestly surprised how sharp they actually were for not playing for so long…

Viewing 30 posts - 2,521 through 2,550 (of 7,208 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.