2024 Vikings

• Karry Kyllo

Time for the 2024 Vikings.
    We should know if we’ll have Cousins back soon, maybe even today.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Heard we signed a edge rusher I have never heard of. Greenard??

Ripjiggen

Played for Texans had a career year in his contract year. Has had a tough time staying on the field.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Played for Texans had a career year in his contract year. Has had a tough time staying on the field.

Yeah, solid player, only 26 years old. Lots of injury issues over the years, hopefully not Davenport 2.0…

CaptainMusky

Yeah, solid player, only 26 years old. Lots of injury issues over the years, hopefully not Davenport 2.0…

Lord I hope so!

Karry Kyllo

Cousins going to Atlanta in a 4 year deal. No details yet.

Ripjiggen

End of an era for Vikes. Some love it some hate it I’m sure.
    Get ready to possibly give away the farm in the draft to move for a QB that may or may not work out.
    In Kwesi we trust. Errr um.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Bummer. I like Cousins. Does that leave us without a starting QB right now then? I don’t recall if we have Dobbs still or if we just snagged him to finish out last season since all the QBs kept getting hurt. I’m a newbie to paying attention to all this sportsball stuff. lol

Karry Kyllo

Now it’ll really get interesting.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

4 year
    $180,000,000.00

Dan
    Southeast MN

Bummer. I like Cousins. Does that leave us without a starting QB right now then? I don’t recall if we have Dobbs still or if we just snagged him to finish out last season since all the QBs kept getting hurt. I’m a newbie to paying attention to all this sportsball stuff.

I think Dobbs is gone in free agency.

Dan
    Southeast MN

With JJ McCarthy’s stock rising dramatically after the national championship and combine, the top 4 QB’s taken are likely to go very quick. And since there are several teams behind the Vikes that desperately need a QB (Denver, Vegas) I don’t know if any spot in the top-10 could be considered safe enough to ensure one of those top 4. For example, if I were Atlanta I’d be taking offers at #8 now that they have Cousins. But that might not be high enough, as a Denver or Vegas could just trade higher than that. Gonna drive the price of trading into the top 10 or so very high.

Ripjiggen

reports the deal is worth $180 million, including a $50 million signing bonus and $100 million overall in guaranteed money.

Man Cousins has made a lot of money.

Ripjiggen

Hope the cousins haters are ready for some major growing pains.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Regardless of your opinion on Kirk, I don’t think anyone here wanted him back on that kind of deal. And say what you want about Kirk’s game, but he is the GOAT at the business of football. Top 5 all time in career earnings at $411M thru 2027, of which $329M was fully guaranteed. And 1 playoff win in 12 years.

Ripjiggen

Agree but Finding a replacement will be difficult to say the least.

CaptainMusky

I wouldnt pay that kind of money for Kirk. Good for him, but we are screwed now. Only hope is to trade way up and get a young QB and roll the dice with Mullens.

CaptainMusky

Hope the cousins haters are ready for some major growing pains.

Its going to be VERY rough. We will likely lost JJ now too.

Ripjiggen

Vikes sign edge rusher VanGinkel.

I have a feeling the Vikes could be drafting in the top ten for several years in a row. So those that wanted a rebuild here she comes.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Only hope is to trade way up and get a young QB and roll the dice with Mullens.

Musky you shouldn’t be day drinking on a Monday! rotflol Mullens will likely not be on the roster next fall, or if he is he will be QB3. I expect them to sign a veteran legitimate QB like Darnold, Tannehill etc. and then move up to draft a rookie. And while I would like it if they traded JJ for a Tyreek Hill+ type deal, I think it’s most likely JJ resigns for a record contract here, and we become the first team in NFL history to win a SB paying a WR like that…

CaptainMusky

I would rather roll out Mullens than those retreads you mentioned. He can make the throws. Yeah he is a loose cannon and makes some bad decisions, but those other guys are no better.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I think it’s most likely JJ resigns for a record contract here, and we become the first team in NFL history to win a SB paying a WR like that…

Okay pot kettle on the day drinking. rotflol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I would rather roll out Mullens than those retreads you mentioned. He can make the throws. Yeah he is a loose cannon and makes some bad decisions, but those other guys are no better.

Sorry Capt but I’m with Werm on this one. Mullens is not our quaterback he will resume his position sitting on the pine. I will take a retread and hope

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That’s the sasparilla talking, no one believes this.

I’d be kicking the tires on Aaron Jones, and see how much he’s looking for…

MX1825

I think there are several here that went with
    “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere” whistling

Ripjiggen

Mullens is terrible. I have no desire to watch him throw to anybody.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Vikes sign edge rusher VanGinkel.

I like VanGinkel a lot, and all the “experts” were very high on Jonathon Greenard too. The edge rushers got remade and quickly!

Ripjiggen

Moving up in the draft they will be giving up future 1st round picks. Those picks will probably be top ten picks they give up.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Moving up in the draft they will be giving up future 1st round picks. Those picks will probably be top ten picks they give up.

Not if they use the picks from the JJ trade whistling whistling chased

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 181 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.