Lets see the dogs of IDO!

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Our canine friends often become some of the most loyal companions we have. I know a lot of guys have dogs for family, hunting, special needs…so lets see them!
    Here is too our best friends

Lilly – 8-1/2 yr old Brit. Family dog and the most loving pooch around children. Surviving rat poisoning, blood transfusion…. Very mellow in her older age now.

Ruger – born April 2013 (6-1/2 months old) Olivia’s Chocolate Lab. Hunting machine! Never worked with a dog that had so much natural instinct as him.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Here’s our boy, Floyd. He’s a Great Dane. He’s been a fabulous dog. He’s no hunter, but he loves to romp in the woods, go camping, and take boat rides. He’s a certified and active therapy dog, and we obtained his AKC Rally Novice, Rally Advanced, and Rally Excellent titles.

He survived bloat and has a big zipper scar on his belly from the ordeal. He’ll be 6 in March, which is getting up there for a Dane, so he’s getting pretty grey in the face these days.

deertracker

Morgan is a 3 year old rescue.

corey_waller
    hastings mn

1. Madison and Willow
    2. Madison on a long blind retrieve
    3. Shady,Wollow,Madison,Keka,Logan after a diver shoot in ND
    4. Madison in ND

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Nice looking dogs, fellas! I have notions of a hunting dog, but with a young family, I know I wouldn’t have the time to put into it to make it what I’d want. Maybe I’ll get that Irish Setter when the kids are a little older.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

How did you bribe all those dogs to sit so well on the tailgate?

Quote:

Nice looking dogs, fellas! I have notions of a hunting dog, but with a young family, I know I wouldn’t have the time to put into it to make it what I’d want. Maybe I’ll get that Irish Setter when the kids are a little older.

Irish setters can be incredible hunting dogs!! I know a few guys that have had the field (shorter hair) version, and they were awesome dogs!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Callie is our 2 year old female Pudelpointer. Her fur is thin and like Velcro. Every trip to the field hunting is followed by 30 minutes of de-burring. Its just awful.
    Good bird dog but lack of hair on legs and arm pits is a real problem.

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Here are a few of our hound, Sadie…

muskybones

Here is my lean mean hunting machine. A German Short haired pointer. He is my first hunting dog I have had and I must say he is one of the best I have hunted with. In this pic he was holding point on one of his first in winter and also some practice at a game farm 2 weeks ago.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

My pooch, Maggie. Bird from yesterday and her driving the boat over the weekend

She’s 1.5yr old now.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Pete, she looks so comfortable in the driver’s seat.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

This is Bolt. He’s an 11 month old Drahthaar.

Bolts a burr magnet too but mostly around his ears and beard.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

2 yr old Bella and 14 yr old grandson Scott. First pheasant for both 2nd pic is 12 yr old Maggie in retirement mode

prieser
    Byron, MN

Hey you two, Look at the camera……..

Yellow is Seamus (born on St. Patty’s Day – two years ago)

Black is Bear (He went to the Happy Hunting Ground on April 27th of this year, he was 12)

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

Pete, she looks so comfortable in the driver’s seat.

If anyone stands up in the boat, she steals their seat. Thief!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

If anyone stands up in the boat, she steals their seat. Thief!

Ha! That is too funny. In calm water, Floyd likes to stand in the bow and let his ears flap in the wind, but if it gets even mildly choppy, he makes every effort to sit in my lap. I have yet to get a photo of it, but it must look hilarious to see a 140 lb Great Dane sitting in the lap of a guy driving a tiller boat.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have to admit I’m drawn to looking at the grey hair on some of these wonderful dogs. Has me thinking about all the stories they could tell if they could talk. Its too bad the life expectancy is so short when it comes to the companionship we build with them. Awesome pics guys & I hope everyone continues to share. Its obvious we have some of the best outdoorsmen/women on this site and I know that carries over into handling our dogs as well

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I totally agree Randy, Them dogs work their butts off for us through the years and only expect a bowl of food and the occasional pat on the head. Madison is 11 now and I can tell you it will be a sad day around the house when her time comes.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

My 11 year old Golden is now retired. I may still take her for a small token hunt this year but her health is not great.

ccales

My dogs, Loki and Ginger, on point for their favorite bird.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

The first is Bailey who went to the happy hunting grounds 12-23-12. The second is Maggie. She has some huge shoes to fill but she will be loved regardless.

Kirt
    Lakeville

Molly from last Sat the picture by the truck, Sadee our first lab, she passed away about 9 yrs ago. Both are awesome hunters and sweethearts.

charlesj

I’ve got 3 English Setter’s. Two are brothers from the same litter and are 9 now, so slowing down a bit. The third is 5 and just getting into her prime.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Awesome pics!!!! Welcome to the hunting side of IDO!

charlesj

Thanks Kooty. I didn’t even know there was a hunting side of IDO until Cougareye pointed it out to me when I was fishing with him last week. I think I’m going to like it here ……

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We are like family. We bicker occasionally, but at the end of day we all love the same thing. Hunting!!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Thanks Kooty. I didn’t even know there was a hunting side of IDO until Cougareye pointed it out to me when I was fishing with him last week. I think I’m going to like it here ……

You were fishing with cougareye? Get out!!

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

There’s a fishing side??

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

The young guys teaming up and getting their first South Dakota rooster.

I’m very pleased with my young dog so far.

charlesj

Looking good Kraig! I love all dog’s on point; even if they are “ugly” ones . What breed? My typical hunting buddies are mainly running german wirehairs now and they are some high powered dogs for sure!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 498 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.