bowstring report

• glenn57
    cold spring mn

FISHED BOWSTRING Friday 8-23-13. rid the lake of one walleye a chunk of aluminum and 3 different sets of fishing line. still better then workin!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcum12

Had a great week fishing out of Bowstring Shores Resort last week. Darv and Marjean are the best. Cabin was great and the service we recieved was second to none. Hammered perch every day. Tried for crappies but never got any. Had the place pretty much to ourselves most of the week. Let us fish whatever shack we wanted. Darv made sure they were ready to go way before we were out on the ice.

slabchaser87
    Isle, MN

Marcum,
    Not looking for specific spots, but what type of areas did you find the perch in? Bowstring can be a fun lake to fish. PM me if you would rather.

Marcum12

Slab, they had the shacks sitting on 15 to 17′ of water. They had 3 set fairly close. 2 of the 3 were good, the 3rd one produced only small ones so we used the other 2. All I know is it was around a mile up the shoreline. Went right from landing at the resort. Only second time I have been there and never got a chance to check lake map on my gps.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

old post………but its a bowstring report of sorts.

DNR reports zebra mussels are now found in bowstring. actually surpprised it took this long since its connected to sand lake which has had them in for quiet a while already!!!!!

Charlie W
    TRF / Pool 3 / Grand Rapids, MN / SJU

Also surprised it took this long. Be interesting to see if stays clear during the summer or if it greens up.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

It’s bog stained water so not sure if it will clear up much???

Rezac55
    Prior Lake, MN

Just got back from bowstring and was searching google for this topic. The lake was the clearest I’ve ever seen it. I didnt think the zebra muscles would affect the stained water, but its really clear. Perhaps there is something else besides the zebras causing the change? Is the bog that flows in the lake really dry?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Just got back from bowstring and was searching google for this topic. The lake was the clearest I’ve ever seen it. I didnt think the zebra muscles would affect the stained water, but its really clear. Perhaps there is something else besides the zebras causing the change? Is the bog that flows in the lake really dry?

alot of zebra mussels will do that. When I was up 2 weeks ago in the area the water levels where as high as I’ve seen it in a while, so I doubt it the bog was dry.

Bowstring Is connected to Sand lake via a river. Sand had zeebs long before bowstring did. Was just a matter of time. I fish sand alot early to help the DNR with the small pike. waytogo it was quite amazing what 2 years of zeebs did to water clarity on sand. I also noticed after a few years the zeeb population on sand dropped dramatically.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

the wind blew whats left of the ice up against Geigers shoreline overnight. williams narrows appears to be ice free, and there isnt much ice left on sand lake from the looks of lakewood lodges cam!!!!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

the wind blew whats left of the ice up against Geigers shoreline overnight. williams narrows appears to be ice free, and there isnt much ice left on sand lake from the looks of lakewood lodges cam!!!!!!

Thanks for the report Glenn. We were planning it for opener, but had to delay the trip to Memorial weekend instead.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yea the boats will be piled up like cordwood opener anyway.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

looks like the ice finally went away in front of Geigers……. waytogo

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.