2022 Minnesota Vikings

• Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

MINNEAPOLIS — The Minnesota Vikings’ week 15 home game against the Indianapolis Colts is scheduled for Saturday as part of a tripleheader, the NFL announced Monday.

The game’s date and time had been previously unannounced. On Monday, the league said the game will kick off at noon on Saturday, Dec. 17.

MORE: Cam Bynum interception secures Vikings’ 27-22 win over Jets

Two other games — Baltimore Ravens vs. Cleveland Browns and Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills — will follow the Vikings game on Saturday. All three games will be shown nationally on NFL Network, in addition to local broadcasts.

The Colts are 4-8-1, and while not technically eliminated, have a tough path to a playoff appearance. The 10-2 Vikings could lock down the NFC North championship as soon as this weekend with a win over the Detroit Lions.

The Vikings have one other game on the schedule with an unannounced kickoff — their regular season finale in Chicago against the Bears. That will be played on either Jan. 7 or 8. The Bears have already been eliminated from playoff contention. If the Vikings win the division before week 18, it’s unlikely that game gets scheduled in primetime, unless the Vikings are still jockeying with the Philadelphia Eagles for the No. 1 seed.

JEREMY
    BP

Anyone heard if the Vikings caught the covid or if the all have the flu? If they have the vid do they still have to sit out a while?

CaptainMusky

Anyone heard if the Vikings caught the covid or if the all have the flu? If they have the vid do they still have to sit out a while?

There is a lot of crap going around now who knows what they have, but I havent read anything covid related and hadnt seen there were illnesses on the team.

JEREMY
    BP

Hunter, Peterson, Ham and Harry Smith for sure

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Barreiro said last night they didn’t think it was Covid related. My wife and kids had Influenza A, and it was about a full week before they were feeling better. Hopefully these guys can kick it a lot sooner.

CaptainMusky

Yeah just read about this apparently Harrison Smith, Patrick Peterson, Danielle Hunter, C.J. Ham, and Theo Jackson are all impacted. Those are some big shoes to potentially fill. The Vegas line for the Lions is going to widen.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yeah just read about this apparently Harrison Smith, Patrick Peterson, Danielle Hunter, C.J. Ham, and Theo Jackson are all impacted. Those are some big shoes to potentially fill. The Vegas line for the Lions is going to widen.

The levels of influenza going around right now are the highest we’ve had here in 10 years – and that’s only confirmed cases in a lab. I’m guessing that’s what it is.

My kid’s daycare has had confirmed cases of RSV, influenza, and strep throat all within the past 10 days.

ThunderLund78

A LOT of stuff going around. My wife, who NEVER gets sick, has been on the couch for the past 72 hours with a terrible cold. Not Covid, that’s all we know. about 10%-20% of my colleagues have been out at least one day this week as well.

At least hopefully for the Vikings this is running it course now and not in the playoffs.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I think the Vikes will beat the Lions today. Don’t know if it will be convincing or at the last second again, but I believe they come home as NFC North Champs.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Vikes win today 33-21. peace

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They are bound to lose a close game here at some point. I think that one may come today. The kitties have been playing well lately and should have beat the Vikings the first time this season.

stout93
    Becker MN

Goff will throw for 350 and 3 TDs against this pathetic defense…

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Not good……

“According to The Star Tribune’s Ben Goessling, the Vikings will be cautious and both left tackle Christian Darrisaw and safety Harrison Smith will not be starting on Sunday against the Detroit Lions. Blake Brandel and Josh Metellus will be getting the starts in their places.”

-J.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

The boy genius is going to get lit up by the press after this one.

Ripjiggen

Don’t get the 2pt call at all. May not make a difference but don’t get it in that situation.

tswoboda

Agree but when the kicker misses a PAT every other game I think the coach gets a free pass to go for 2 whenever he wants

Ripjiggen

Sure but not sure that is the spot you use your free pass.
    It may be irrelevant but odd spot IMO.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

they got bigger issues then PAT’s or 2 pt tries………its the defense!!!!1

Dan
    Southeast MN

They’ve got an awful combination going on right now (and have pretty much all season) of very little meaningful pass rush and horrible pass defense that gets shredded and leaves entire zones open all game. That’s not a problem that will be fixed this season.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

they got bigger issues then PAT’s or 2 pt tries………its the defense!!!!1

Actually, in this game, the D did its job. It is the Offense that didn’t hold up their end of the bargain. We should have been leading at halftime, but improbable Offensive screw-ups (Hock’s dropped pass on 3rd down) and bad luck (JJ not being touched until he was behind the 3rd down marker) just killed us. We would have been in the lead the whole game if our Offense didn’t shoot themselves in the foot. They lost the initiative that the Defense handed them, which cost us the game. Also, the special teams should have been on high alert for that fake punt, so it should have been stuffed. This loss is on the O, then the special teams, with the D being the least culpable. We should have been able to beat the Lions in a track meet. There is no excuse for us being outscored in this game. That is the way I see it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Clearly the absence of Harrison Smith in the secondary is a big problem. The defense has been torched for several games now and without Smith in there, its even worse.

Monster game by Cousins, over 400 yards passing. Statistically, his best game of the season, but still not enough.

I think they will bounce back on Saturday at home against a hapless Indy team and clinch the division. You can kiss the chance at the top seed goodbye now though. The Eagles beat the Giants convincingly.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

its not gonna matter..there 1 and done in the playoffs anyway!!!!! doah devil

Ripjiggen

I’ll take that bet….

Brittman

Defense schemes are predictable and vanilla. Adjustments- are there any.

We have played too many teams with back up QBs and when Vikings play against a veteran pro it shows. I saw just a couple of attempts to rush more than 4 and they seemed a bit mixed up

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Monster game by Cousins, over 400 yards passing. Statistically, his best game of the season, but still not enough.

Not a shot at you at all. But a big part of why I think stats in the NFL don’t mean much in terms of wins and losses. Game flow, garbage time, none of it means anything in the W/L column.

Ripjiggen

Defense schemes are predictable and vanilla. Adjustments- are there any.

We have played too many teams with back up QBs and when Vikings play against a veteran pro it shows. I saw just a couple of attempts to rush more than 4 and they seemed a bit mixed up

Maybe they should hire Zimmer. Oh yeah their D wasn’t that good then either.

lindyrig79

I agree, wasn’t a fan of that 2pt try AT ALL. Another example of how analytics don’t translate to the actual game.

lindyrig79

Take the points when you can get them. Save the 2 Pt BS for the bitter end.

dirtywater

“The worst 13-3 team in NFL history.” That’s a label a lot of Vikings fan loved to slap on the Packers in recent years. I hate to break it to ya, but the Vikes look a lot like some of those recent GB teams. They will score points, and if they get a couple of big plays from the D in key situations, they can grind out wins by a small margin. If those big plays don’t come on D, they’re done. Throw in some bad Special Teams play (everybody knows Dan Campbell will run a fake punt if you give him a reason to) and it’s kind of crazy how familiar it feels.

Saw a crazy stat today: Over the last 5 weeks, 34% of MN’s runs have have gone for zero or negative yards. Woof.

Sylvanboat

Vikings last game is against the Bears. You need to win that game. Bears fan here. We need the highest draft pick we can get. Go Vikings.

Viewing 30 posts - 811 through 840 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.