2022 Minnesota Vikings

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

If Kirk could get some time back there this offense would be unstoppable.

He got time on Thursday and that’s why he was good. Pats d line is only second to the cowboys in qb pressure so I was really impressed with how our Oline played last game.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I think that the camera angle from above created an optical illusion making it look like the Jets QB was in easily, but from the angle from the goal line, it looked like he was short by his body position.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

The bend but don’t break!

Another fun game to watch.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Another late game victory with a timely turnover. Heart attack football almost every week.

Joe

Sure would be nice if they could move the ball better in the 3rd quarter.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Guess it’s best to be really lucky then good! coffee sheez!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I think that the camera angle from above created an optical illusion making it look like the Jets QB was in easily, but from the angle from the goal line, it looked like he was short by his body position.

Totally agree.

I’m a Kirk backer but that was the first game you could say it was on Kirk if they would’ve lost. Outside of a couple drives he was just off today. His normal accurate passes weren’t there. But the rest of the team came through and they still found a way to win…..again. That Jet’s secondary is crazy good too. Amazing to see cornerbacks on every receiver’s shoulder on darn near every play as opposed to our D where they are about 5 yards away from every receiver.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

3-1 against the Bills, Cowboys, Patriots, and Jets is pretty good. Granted, the one loss was a complete blowout, but it’s still only one loss. The kitties in Detroit are up next. The only remaining team on the schedule with a winning record is against the Giants. All three road division games remain.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Did I say that? redface

ThunderLund78

Oof… this team…
    The worst part is that there’s not going to be any pay-off for suffering through these close games. Yes we found a way to win 2 out of three against elite defenses – but our own defense has a LOT of problems. Donnatel’s gotta go after this year. Don’t go to sleep on the Kitties, either. They’re capable of putting up big numbers and still have a glimmer of playoff hope.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

They have to figure out why they can put up 20 in the first half and only 7 in the second, this going the 3rd quarter+ with virtually no offense is unacceptable. I mean not even getting first downs, let alone sustained scoring drives. Defensively they are soft as butter for 3/4 of the field, but then somehow manage to bow up and end drives with 3 is pretty impressive and I’m not sure how they seem able to do that continually. However, 10-2 is damn impressive for this squad, and I do think they are improving week to week. Lions will be another nail biter I think, but should be a W.

JEREMY
    BP

See that all the time. Think there is enough money thrown around in the NFL that every stadium could have cameras in all the right spots if everything gets reviewed. Especially the goal line from sides and above.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bass Pundit wrote:</div>

See that all the time. Think there is enough money thrown around in the NFL that every stadium could have cameras in all the right spots if everything gets reviewed. Especially the goal line from sides and above.

Why can’t they chip the ball? a line of sensors around the end zone would do it I would think.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

The 49ers lost their qb. The obstacles to a Vikings Super Bowl appearance are falling to the wayside. Finalize that parade route!

Dan
    Southeast MN

Why can’t they chip the ball? a line of sensors around the end zone would do it I would think.

I think that’s the best option but there still are flaws. If the ball is covered up from camera view, like it was yesterday, possession can’t be guaranteed (if someone was in the process of fumbling or stripping it). Also, the ball could cross the line after a knee is down. Still, I think it’s a better option than what we have now.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The 49ers lost their qb. The obstacles to a Vikings Super Bowl appearance are falling to the wayside.

I still think they win their division, even with Purdy at QB. They have a good defense and the rest of that division isn’t very good.

The biggest obstacles in the NFC are the Eagles and the Cowboys.

CaptainMusky

Why do these games always have to be rollercoasters? Its great they are winning them, but man it would be nice to just have a convincing victory for a change.

Hoyt4
    NULL

I think we lose to the Lions but win the rest.

Karry Kyllo

The Vikes don’t like to take the shortest path from point a to point b, but at the end of the day it’s all about the score at the end of the game anyway and not how they got there. Call it luck if you want but the Vikes have won 10 games this year playing the same style each game. 10 wins so far is more than being lucky.

Now on to Detroit for W#11.

Skol Vikings!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

but man it would be nice to just have a convincing victory for a change.

That occurred way back in week 1 when they beat Green Bay at home 24-7.

tswoboda

The team is 10-2 with only a +10 points differential.

They have more 2 score losses than they do wins.

There’s no way those 2 stats have ever occurred with a 10-2 team before.

Just insane roller coaster football to watch every week.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

From a purely entertainment standpoint this season is a blast but I just can’t shake the idea that they’re a paper tiger.
    The Eagles have the Cowboys and Giants twice still. Home field sure would be nice!

CaptainMusky

The team is 10-2 with only a +10 points differential.

They have more 2 score losses than they do wins.

There’s no way those 2 stats have ever occurred with a 10-2 team before.

Just insane roller coaster football to watch every week.

Read a stat today that there have been 53 10 win teams at this stage of the season and the Vikings rank 53 with a bullet with points differential. The next closest was like 40 higher LOL

Justin riegel

From a purely entertainment standpoint this season is a blast but I just can’t shake the idea that they’re a paper tiger.
    The Eagles have the Cowboys and Giants twice still. Home field sure would be nice!

I think the only other teams that in NFC that will contend with the Vikes are the two that beat them. Everyone is takling about san fran, but look who they have beaten and who they lost too. The Vikes have swept the AFC East, probably the bester overall division in the AFC.

I do not think they are going to the SB, defense is not good enough, but they should lose in the NFC Championship.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Easiest strength of schedule rest of the way I seen. If Kirko is hurt, they need to decide if its worth running him out there to take another beating. It looks like he is playing hurt the last few weeks? Getting Darrisaw back is critical at this point.

CaptainMusky

Easiest strength of schedule rest of the way I seen. If Kirko is hurt, they need to decide if its worth running him out there to take another beating. It looks like he is playing hurt the last few weeks? Getting Darrisaw back is critical at this point.

I saw that too, but whatever PFF is on when they did that I want some. The chiefs schedule is far easier. The winning % of the remaining schedule is like .397. Other places have the Vikings at 4th at the highest.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Niners just lost Jimmy G for the season. They will still be a good team but I wouldn’t put them ahead of the Vikes anymore.

Maybe this is the year everything goes historically right for a franchise that has historically never had anything go right?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Niners just lost Jimmy G for the season. They will still be a good team but I wouldn’t put them ahead of the Vikes anymore.

Maybe this is the year everything goes historically right for a franchise that has historically never had anything go right?

49’ers will survive much better without Jimmy G than the Vikings would without Cousins. Defense still counts for something in the NFL.

Viewing 30 posts - 781 through 810 (of 1,219 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.