2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Ruining a hard working line that COULD score sometimes for three extra hits again does nothing for this team.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Ruining a hard working line that COULD score sometimes for three extra hits again does nothing for this team.

I dont think anybody expected that line combo today…I expect him to play 4th line when he’s in the lineup… I suspect the GREEF line gets back together next game…

Ripjiggen

They did? Huh, must have missed the ozone time. Guess I only noticed the 5 icings they had.

Oh and who is playing wing then with Boldy if you pull Greenway, Shaw?

CaptainMusky

Rip we get it you hate the Reaves trade it’s quite obvious. It makes sense however to bolster the 4th line which where he should be.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Oh and who is playing wing then with Boldy if you pull Greenway, Shaw?

Yep… obviously not the ideal linemate but he’s a hard worker who can force turnovers on the forecheck and get to the net for dirty goals…

Greenway has looked totally out of place the past few games…

Its crazy how losing Hartman messes with all of the lines…

icex

I guess I’m missing all these flagrant cheap shots on KK that necessitated bringing in a goon like Reaves. From what I’ve seen KK can take care of himself and there’s always Foligno and Greenway is back for whatever that is worth. KK gets played hard because he is the offensive threat on the Wild and that’s just comes with the territory I just don’t see all the supposed liberties taken on him. Reaves makes the Wild older and slower when we need youth and speed and goal scoring. Reaves is everything we don’t need right now. Just like players can take lazy penalties GM’s can make lazy deals. And this was one of those deals.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Its crazy the level of fan reaction this Reaves trade has brought… he’s a 4th liner, nothing more (he was put on the Ek line yesterday as just a coaches hunch imo) He brings something this organization doesnt have, a huge bruising fighter/forchecker who’s “expendable”. This team now relies on Foligno to be a scorer, if he were to get into another fight and get hurt like Hartman did, that’s a huge impact for the season. “Protecting” Kirill or anybody else is just a byproduct of having Reaves on the ice, players will at least think twice about the cross checks to the back or face punches during scrums, it wont stop everything but it does have a small impact. I dont think opposing players notice or give a crap when Shaw – Dewer – Petan are on the ice, but they’ll peek over their shoulder whenever Reaves is on the ice forechecking…

JoeMX1825
    MN

1 goal and 3 assists today for Khusnidhinov today in the KHL

Tom schmitt

I guess I’m missing all these flagrant cheap shots on KK that necessitated bringing in a goon like Reaves. From what I’ve seen KK can take care of himself and there’s always Foligno and Greenway is back for whatever that is worth. KK gets played hard because he is the offensive threat on the Wild and that’s just comes with the territory I just don’t see all the supposed liberties taken on him. Reaves makes the Wild older and slower when we need youth and speed and goal scoring. Reaves is everything we don’t need right now. Just like players can take lazy penalties GM’s can make lazy deals. And this was one of those deals.

There has been a lot of crap going on with 97 to the point where he risked suspension for retaliation.
    Reeves was playing with eek and Foligno simply because Duhaime was injured.
    I am not a fan of Reeves but if he gets used against only the rough teams I am fine with it.
    But not a fan of breaking up the current 4th line as it’s producing.

Tom schmitt

I think maybe they should consider putting Reeves on the 4th line with Dewar and Shaw.
    Play him every other shift with Kaprizov taking his shifts off. That would keep him on the ice less and put Kaprizov on the ice more.
    It would also give you a look at what Dewar and Shaw can do with a little more talent.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

KK definitely gets singled out by defenses to get extra slashes, cross checks and other shots to slow him down and make him think twice about going to the net. Luckily KK doesn’t give two S*&^% about it and still does what he does. I do think we need to defend him by sending messages. I don’t think we need Reeves to do that. I don’t understand why they are so scared to let Foligno handle it. He won’t have to fight THAT much and it’s not like he’s a 30 goal scorer. I get he’s important to have on the ice but the guy can handle people in fights.

That’s why I don’t get the Reeves move. Just an overreaction move.

tswoboda

Reaves is subtraction by addition. He’s not even good enough for Gerard Gallant anymore. Gallant, who absolutely loves Reaves and brought him to both Vegas and NYR, was healthy scratching Reavo every game for the forseeable future.

Like I said if he plays every once in awhile, then OK I’m fine with it. But if he’s playing every night then the Wild got worse by trading for him. Starting him off next to Foligno and Ek makes it pretty obvious he’s getting jammed into the lineup just like D’Lo was last year.

gonefishin

love the trade. Foligno must love it to. I am pretty sure he is not happy to have to be the cover to keep other teams from picking on our midgets, he takes equally as much as he gives and then his hands take a terrible beating. Middelton as a defense-man should be our protector. I don’t consider KK as a midget and he does stick up for himself, but we sure don’t want him having to drop the gloves. Our midget captain and Brodin are the first players to the bench in a scrum. A captain should be able to get his nose dirty, but not our midget.

The Rangers beefed up when they got pounded two playoffs ago, and not just Reeves was brought in. They can now defend themselves without Reeves.

Tom schmitt

If they really want to defend Kaprizov, the whole team should do it.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

love the trade. Foligno must love it to. I am pretty sure he is not happy to have to be the cover to keep other teams from picking on our midgets, he takes equally as much as he gives and then his hands take a terrible beating. Middelton as a defense-man should be our protector. I don’t consider KK as a midget and he does stick up for himself, but we sure don’t want him having to drop the gloves. Our midget captain and Brodin are the first players to the bench in a scrum. A captain should be able to get his nose dirty, but not our midget.

The Rangers beefed up when they got pounded two playoffs ago, and not just Reeves was brought in. They can now defend themselves without Reeves.

This is one of the worst takes I’ve seen in this thread. First you say a captain should get their hands dirty right after saying Foligno shouldn’t be the one getting in scraps. Guess what he has on the upper left of his sweater???? Reeves is worthless because nobody even drops the gloves with him anymore. And saying Foligno takes as much as he dishes out tells me you don’t watch many of his fights.

gonefishin

Ok, if you say. Tell me the next time you see the one with the “C” check some one, or the next time you see him clear the net, or the next time you see him come to the aid of any of his teammates. I am pretty confident my $14 Summit at tomorrow’s game will be pretty warm by the time that happens. Oh probably my 2nd and 3rd ones also. If your at the game tomorrow I’ll buy you a beer and we can both watch our beers get warm while waiting for anything physical.

Wasn’t very long ago when Foligno got pounded by him. Did you by chance miss that one?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Sounds like Rossi will be sent down to Iowa. It would be nice to get a good explanation of the coaches/GM thinking into the decision.

Why now vs not doing it over a week ago?
    If/When he’s called back up will he get slotted in the top6 to play with other offensively skilled players vs 4th line work?

I really think they missed an opportunity to play him with Kap & Zuc tomorrow and see if they can spark something… Steel has done nothing since the Canes game…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Ok, if you say. Tell me the next time you see the one with the “C” check some one, or the next time you see him clear the net, or the next time you see him come to the aid of any of his teammates. I am pretty confident my $14 Summit at tomorrow’s game will be pretty warm by the time that happens. Oh probably my 2nd and 3rd ones also. If your at the game tomorrow I’ll buy you a beer and we can both watch our beers get warm while waiting for anything physical.

Wasn’t very long ago when Foligno got pounded by him. Did you by chance miss that one?

I did and it’s about the one time in 3 years he’s ever been “pounded”. Enjoy your $14 Summits. I’ll stick with my 6’er of EPA’s for the same price at home.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Lol, midget wrestling… need to find a better clip than that! I mean even Flower punk’d out Gallagher when they played in Montreal…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I really don’t understand any take that the Wild couldn’t use some more beef. Soft play doesn’t win anything.

tswoboda

I really don’t understand any take that the Wild couldn’t use some more beef. Soft play doesn’t win anything.

Who said that? I only see people saying Reaves is bad. The way to get tougher is to add Middelton, not add a liability that can only hit and fight.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>lindyrig79 wrote:</div>

Who said that? I only see people saying Reaves is bad. The way to get tougher is to add Middelton, not add a liability that can only hit and fight.

Exactly. I am all for adding size and grit. But Reeves literally adds nothing to the team other than a fight here and there and a few hits a game. He is a detriment to any line he is on. If you brought in another guy with size and could fight that could actually skate and have some offensive ability (yes there are those players out there) people would’ve been receptive.

gonefishin

We don’t need another Middelton. He was brought in for his size but he does not play a physical game and is not the one who has to drop the gloves. To me it is a waste to have Foligno have to drop the gloves, then have to sit for 5 minutes, putting his line out of business. Much better to have a bottom line enforcer sit for 5 minutes and be out of the lineup from a fight injury.

If the Wild could get an enforcer that could skate and score, well we would all like that but they are far and few between and we don’t have the cap space.

Ripjiggen

A pure enforcer is a dinosaur in todays game.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

A pure enforcer is a dinosaur in todays game.

I agree. That’s why there really aren’t any left. The game has weeded them out naturally. There used to be one on almost every team. Derek Boogaard aka “the boogey man” ring a bell?

I like a good old fashioned scrap just as much as the next guy, but if you’re placing a guy like Reaves on the ice every night, you are wasting a spot. There are more productive players available that don’t come with the enforcer nonsense. Beat the other team on the scoreboard, not with your fists.

Ripjiggen

Rossi still being scratched is baffling. Play him or send down to Iowa already. 4 games in a row sitting in the press box. His confidence has to be oozing. Dressing 11/7 makes no sense at all.

CaptainMusky

Rossi still being scratched is baffling. Play him or send down to Iowa already. 4 games in a row sitting in the press box. His confidence has to be oozing. Dressing 11/7 makes no sense at all.

I agree I came here to say exactly this. It’s not helping him being scratched send him to Iowa. Any idea why Hartman hasn’t been put on IR? I mean fleury was out a week and they put him on it right away.

Viewing 30 posts - 1,711 through 1,740 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.