2022/2023 NHL/Wild Offseason-Season-Postseason Thread

• Ripjiggen

Dead serious. Not concerned with there plus minus they contribute elsewhere. Is that the only point you are hung up on?
    Are you serious comparing KK and Zucc plus minus to a guy that plays 8 minutes in 11 games. If you think Reavo is a defensive stalwart you are sadly mistaken. rotflol

Sounds like the Russo lovers like the move just like Russo since he has been pounding his twitter how he predicted this move. Good thing they didn’t listen to him when they had a goalie “crisis”

JoeMX1825
    MN

The NHL GM liked the move….

You’re arguing like he needs to be a contributor or the guys who he’d be in the lineup for were producing, he’s nothing more than a 4th line option when they need more beef in the lineup…. They had no other similar size option in the organization other than the minors goon they played a few times in preseason (I dont even remember his name or if he’s still playing?)

If he turns out to be a liability he wont play, pretty simple…

If the Leafs weren’t the first team we played after signing him, I suspect he’d be out against a finesse team like the Leafs… I would guess that’s how they intend to use him, we’ll see…

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

now Reaves because BG is pissed that we have a bunch of Sallies on our roster.

Too funny, and true

Ripjiggen

I’m bored.
    And don’t see much upside even as a 4th line option.
    Apparently either did his coach who has coached him the last several years.

tswoboda

If he turns out to be a liability he wont play, pretty simple…

I hope you’re right. But you saw D’Lo down the stretch and in the playoffs, right? whistling

Is Hartman getting close? Reavo makes Rossi the 14th forward when they get healthy. Pretty much puts him in Iowa unless they carry 14 forwards or waive someone like Dewar or Shaw. All forwards healthy may never happen this year though anyway.

Hope Duhaime’s not serious. He’s been one of the few bright spots all season. He started out good last year then kinda disappeared I’m the 2nd half. Was a ghost after they acquired D’Lo whistling

JoeMX1825
    MN

Last I heard “GMBG said he expects Hartman to play again this season” that’s not good, so expect him to be out for *months*

They gotta send Rossi to Iowa, his confidence is shot… hopefully he finds his offense and they can call him back up to center the top 6 after the allstar break?

I heard Duhaime got drilled last game and that’s what put him out? (I didnt see it). Hopefully its just a mild concussion and he’s back next week sometime?

Ripjiggen

That’s the thing. Does BG have it in him to admit it was not a great acquisition if he is a liability?

JoeMX1825
    MN

That’s the thing. Does BG have it in him to admit it was not a great acquisition if he is a liability?

No, but I dont know of a GM who would? Do you?

The only time you ever hear a GM admit to a mistake is when they passed on an eventual superstar in the draft many years later… and it’s usually to just laugh it off…

Ripjiggen

So then your statement about if he is a liability he won’t play isn’t exactly accurate?

JoeMX1825
    MN

So then your statement about if he is a liability he won’t play isn’t exactly accurate?

No, I just said he wouldn’t admit it… if Reaves ends up being a disaster he’ll likely come down with an “upper body injury” and sit in the press box…

Ripjiggen

That’s pretty good.

JoeMX1825
    MN

FEER line staring today!

JoeMX1825
    MN

Man, I forget just how big Mathews is! Unreal to have that size and hand skills!

Ripjiggen

FEER line staring today!

Reavo playing third line shut down roll. rotflol

So much for him be an extra fourth line guy.

CaptainMusky

I don’t really care about the Reaves trade. It cost essentially nothing. He’s physical which this team is lacking. Kaprizovs doing kaprizovs things but Addison started that whole opportunity with that backhand pass.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Uhoh Reaves is a -1 due to a deflected seeing eye wrist shot from the point, he’s a defensive liability and its proof it was a terrible trade, let’s all focus on the Vikings now!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

That was a dirty saucer pass by Goligoski. It may have hit a defender on the way through too.

CaptainMusky

That was a dirty saucer pass by Goligoski. It may have hit a defender on the way through too.

100%

JoeMX1825
    MN

Greenway’s game is all over the place, yes some of that is from him being out so much, but there’s been several times he’s tried carrying the puck end to end solo… that’s NOT his game… he needs to be back with Ek and Foligno…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Reaves in the box talking sh** about a tripping penalty. coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

Reaves in the box talking sh** about a tripping penalty. coffee

yep, that was a bad/lazy penalty…

Ripjiggen

Greenway’s game is all over the place, yes some of that is from him being out so much, but there’s been several times he’s tried carrying the puck end to end solo… that’s NOT his game… he needs to be back with Ek and Foligno…

And what move Reavo up with Boldy rotflol

CaptainMusky

These refs are terrible. Murray intentionally knocked the net off twice no call. KK gets high sticked no call.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Is it time to end the Steel 1C experiment? Kirill and Zuccy basically playing shorthanded out there…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice save by Murray there at the end to preserve the win.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I’m sure they were hoping to ride the emotions of his first game but Reaves needs to be on the 4th line, he played 12+ minutes today and that’s about 4 too many… Goligoski & Dumba on the ice for 4 goals against… Steel was 2/13 on faceoffs, that’s alot of wasted icetime by Kaprizov & Zuccy trying to get puck possession back…

Hell of a save by Murray at the end there!

If I were the Wild i’d play Rossi with Kaprizov & Zuccy against Arizona and see if he sparks something, if not send him down to Iowa for a month. At this point what do you have to lose? You just had a terrible game by Steel, that 1 game success of his is long gone…

Ripjiggen

Great debut by Reavo and the FEER line…Real effective putting the fear in the other team.
    I take back everything I said. coffee

JoeMX1825
    MN

Great debut by Reavo and the FEER line…Real effective putting the fear in the other team.
    I take back everything I said. coffee

lol, you’re saying all of this about a career 4th liner/fighter… my gawd why didnt he at least get a GH Hat-trick!!! We paid a huge ransom for our season’s savior and he didnt even score a point and we lose the game!

He had pretty much identical game stats to Foligno, as I said earlier I bet he plays 4th line moving forward with Greenway getting back with Ek & Foligno, but that FEER line had an awful lot of offensive zone time today…

He’ll get a string of consecutive games in until injured guys come back, then its likely spot starts against the more physical teams (which is the main reason he was traded for)

Viewing 30 posts - 1,681 through 1,710 (of 7,320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.