Wx 2060 fit in garage?

• Matt M
    Blaine, MN

I have a 2016 wx 2060 and at my current house with an 8 foot garage door the boat fits under with ease. I’m moving. Does anyone have the same set up and a standard 7 foot high garage door? I did some measurements and it would be REAL close, probably not making it.

Thanks, Matt

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I don’t have your exact answer because I currently have an MX2025 and I think the windshield is a little lower on my boat. What I can tell you is that driveway incline makes a big difference too. While my windshield would fit under a 7 ft door in perfect conditions, it wouldn’t if the driveway had much of an incline to it.

2.5 years ago I moved to CA and my only absolute must for a the new house was a garage at least 25 ft deep with a door that was at least 8 high and 11 wide. That was a tall order in CA, but we did find a house. 6 months ago we moved back to WI and had the exact same minimum garage rules. Sometimes having and keeping the right boat is more important than having he right house:)……just don’t tell my wife I said that!

Jim Stoeckel
    Above the clouds.

If I’ve got my Tundra loaded down, yes with a 2” drop hitch. Otherwise, I need to drop my hitch lower to get through my door with a 2017 WX 2060. My opening measures 83.5” because of the gasket on the door. Hope that helps.

gregl2017

I have the same issue, we just built a 24 X 34 “shed” that’s all the town would allow us to build (long painful story). So we would have a good place to store a nice glass walleye boat.

The town limited us to 11’3″ peak and 8′ walls. I got the garage door as close to the ceiling as I could, which gives us about 7′ 3″ opening.

We could have moved, but our location is so convenient for work, neither of us is interested in more than a 1-hour commute to work.

We were very interested in a Skeeter WX2190 or a Warrior v208, but I don’t think either of these will fit.

JoeMX1825
    MN

not ideal, but you could gain a few inches by deflating the trailer tires when backing in/out….

Bassn Dan

Take off the Walleye Sissy windshield and it should fit easily. devil

Matt L
    Twin Cities

I purchased a MX2025 a week ago and I have a 7 foot garage. I only cleared the windshield by about 2 inches, and my motor cleared by about an inch, trimmed down. I got lucky as I did not think about the motor height.

There is no way I could fit a WX2060.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Matt to be safe, come grab a WX and check it to be sure !

Matt M
    Blaine, MN

Dean I bought one from you and cal a couple years ago :). You have a spare 7 foot garage i could borrow????????. Just kidding. I’m thinking I am likely going to be out of luck. Thanks for all the replies guys!!!

Matt

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Matt,
    I mis read and apologies, sign of age I guess ! What I was really trying to communicate is to actually test the boat in the said garage…

I also was reading the 1910 post and got interupted when I replied, Just wait till you get old!!!!! :]

CBMN
    North Metro

This doesn’t exactly answer your question, but you could always look into raising the header and replacing the 7′ tall door with an 8′ if you find the right house and it doesn’t fit or is to close for comfort. Depends on ceiling height and several other factors, just food for thought…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.