Is there any good metro area ice?!?!?!

• marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Was wondering if anyone has been on any lakes around the metro with safe, decent ice?

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

The west metro is NO good.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I dont think your going to get anyone telling you anything is safe. If I didnt have to be up to my elbows in grease today, I could find someplace to fish comfortably… but I might have to check 3 different lakes and locations to find that spot.

I wouldnt act on *hear say* unless its very reliable information.. even at that, I would be constantly checking the ice conditions as I was going out.

I wuld dig up some phone numbers to bait shops out of town and see what they have to say. I know pople were running atvs on many lakes before the weather got too crazy, but those would be the lakes most likely now to be holding on to enough solid ice to be WALKING in.. with a spud bar, life preserver, and some spike to help get out if you did fall through.

I assume much of the ice around is still in decent shape in some areas.. but those same lakes/areas are going to have very bad spots with the ice damaged from the heat and rain.

Whatever you decide to do, use common sense and be safe… or launch the boat on pool 2-4 and wait for ice next weekend!

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

I may just bring the boat down to P4.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I might be heading downt hat way this weekend, I am not sure, need to get the floor done first

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I think I am heading down to everetts for my 1st time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.