Lake Nokomis

• Moores Bait

Been throwing spinner baits and jig/pigs at the shore line the last couple weeks with reasonable sucess. All the tigers have been in the low thirties with some less than that, I am sure the bigger ones are still over on Harriet and Calhoun. The Bass have been spuratic with some small and a few 20 inchers (not all made it to the boat). Still at least one smallie left out there to be caught, but sure there are more somewhere.

Live bait is the key for the walleyes, pulled some floating jigheads with a fatty and the walleyes were even pushing all the carp out of the way to get to it. Not huge by any means (compared to pool 2 or 4)but none the less walleyes close to home.

Heading out again tomoorw if I get all my chores done. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

The Bass have been spuratic with some small and a few 20 inchers (not all made it to the boat).

Thanks for protecting my identity!

Oh crap.

Moores Bait

I tried……..but you couldn’t leave well enough alone

Moores Bait

Don’t quit doing what your doing quite yet, the bite deteriated these past few days. Two tigers and three Bass on Saturday, five Bass and no tigers on Sunday, and when we made it yesterday morning there was only one Bass for the entire lake. These dog days of October when the temps are in the 80’s sure play havic on the bite, let alone that green slime sure made its self known by Sunday….yuck

Hoping for better days come next week, or work on my tan but bring some fatties.

Moores Bait

What a difference a few days makes with some wind, lake looked a lot cleaner than Monday. But I did bring some fatties along just incase. Managed a couple limits (all released) of some small walleyes and the brother once again came up with this Bass to jump a head on the leader board.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

You had much luck with Musky’s fishing from where your at to the Cedar bridge??

We used to catch a lot of northerns along that stretch.

Been years since I fished there with a boat, but maybe this weekend I drive the 8 blocks and put the boat in..:)

Al

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.