Wisconsin River Updates?

• tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Anything happing on the Wisconsin River yet?

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

i hit a couple spots around the muscoda area 3/18/04 and landed a mixed bag of saugers & walleyes totaling 13 from shore. all were under 15″ eyenutz!

teamvexilar
    Richland Center, Wisconsin

were you fishing from the boat landing in muscoda eyenutz?

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

did not hit the landing,but did hit the bridge& blue lake.

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

One one got a water temp on the lower wisconsin river to post? Getting the eager to head over and do some fishing. Mind if I ask what you were picking most the fish up on eyenutz? Thinking about trailering the boat over to Sauk and head south this Friday or next week one day. River should be starting to come up after this weekend with as much snow they have up north yet? Can’t wait.

raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

Water temp below the prairie du sac dam is about 40 degrees and rising. The biggin’s are moving in. 26 incher caught at my launch sunday night. Time to hit the water!

hodge91
    La Crosse WI

Fish up at Nekoosa Saturday, water was 37 degrees and low for this time a year, had to stay in the channel to move up and down the river and the launches are tough for any bigger boats. Caught 5 shorties one on a orange jig and power grub +minnow, 2 on a 4′ ring worm chartreuse and white and 2 on a same color superdoo’s fish where all hooked deep. Wind made it tough on the line and the feel for bites but had many bites, next 2 weeks should be very good

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

tolden, fish were caught with a jig and twistertail………..no meat! eyenutz!

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Good to here, what is the water level like below Prairie? River up any at all? Plan on making the trip down Saturday. Want to get away from the hords of people I can expect to encounter up at Genoa or La Crosse on Saturday. the past couple days, there have been alot of boats up there even for a weekday.

Can’t wait.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

The river dropped about 1-1/2′ below the Sauk Prairie dam yesterday. It is now very low with sandbars and rock piles showing again. VFW boat landing will be very tough for anyone with a larger boat. Probably will be very tough on any boat for that matter.
    I check the level on the river here every day. Will try to post again tomorrow before heading down to Spring Valley on Saturday.
    JWB

eyenutz
    muscoda,wi.

here is a toll free number ………. 1 800- 242-1077. flows are for 3 locations. eyenutz!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

River levels came back up over night here on the Wisconsin river below the Sauk Prairie dam.
    If it stays where its at, fishing should be good this weekend.
    JWB

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Any updates for the Week of 4-5

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Did not get out on the Wisconsin this past weekend.
    Took a break after the tough fishing conditions on the Illinois river last week.
    Hoping to get out for a few hours of night fishing this week.
    Did you get out on the Wisconsin last week? If so, get anything going?
    JWB

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

When I was down, water temp still pretty low, 41-42 deg. Tried my spot down river, nothing up yet. Trolled some 3ways up near eagle island and picked up a couple shoties and lost one keeper at the boat, than that, pretty slow.

Imagine the river is up there? Get a water temp for me JWB if you out tonight or the next couple of days. I see it is suppose to snow here on Thursday, possbilbly.

Hitting Genoa tonight. Get you and update tomorrow on how she went.

OLETOM

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Was unable to get out and check out the river this week so far. Got to spread manure on the garden last night though!
    Gee, thats almost as much fun as fishing isn’t it?
    Sorry, Tolden.
    JWB

suprchef
    edgerton, wisconsin the county of rock

Anyone have any news how the bite is below the Nekoosa dam?

raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

Below the PDS dam

River has been at a pretty decent level lately. We’ve done quite well down river right by the resort late last week and weekend with a total of 6 nice fish including a 25 incher. Sunday morning I limited out in 2 hours with an 18 1/2 and 19 inch eyes and an 18 inch sauger. Even the wife has been getting in on the action with a 19 caught saturday morning. Early to mid morning has been the ticket with half of them caught on rapalas and half on a plain hook with a fathead.

Several guests here have done well too with several of them trolling cranks. All in all some nice fish taken down here lately with very little action being reported at the dam.

Here’s the 25 incher the boy caught.

raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

Slow on the eyes the past few days but did catch a 29″ pike as soon as the first fathead hit the water last night.

raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

Reports of some smallies and white bass coming in the past few days. River is at a good level and the white bass run should be good. Some big buffalo hanging around the rock piles at the hwy 12 bridge and the kids watched what they said were 2 very large northern spawning in 6 inches of water right off the old bridge foundation in the back corner here. I thought maybe muskie but Chris insists they were pike. They took pics but not with the digital so I’ll have to develop and see if I can tell from them.

raysresort
    Sauk City, WI

Some very large white bass and smallies caught yesterday.
    A few nice eyes as well.

suprchef
    edgerton, wisconsin the county of rock

I was up in Nekoosa yesterday. We had some luck with walleyes. All under size but it was some good action.
    White bass are moving in. Surfacve temp was 53.2. No smallies to report thou.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.