Will we ever stop wearing masks?

• lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

Just an honest question. With more people getting vaccinated and they are told to still wear masks. When will it be “OK” to put the masks away?

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Guys, can we do outdoor related posts on an outdoor site please?

mojogunter

when either 80% of the population have been fully vaccinated and or had covid 19. One issue according to the CDC is the high number of people that refuse to be vaccinated will delay them saying masks are fine to get rid of.

Angler II

I already stopped. You can too. Its your life and you have the ability to choose to wear a mask or not.

big_g
    Isle, MN

DO we have to wear masks outdoors ?

Greenhorn
    Bismarck, ND

We already have in ND.

walldows

I stopped months ago. It’s time to say no.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I never started wearing masks, only when certain job sites make us. Which is very few and far between.

Charles

I have one place I wear mask that’s because they freak-out. Don’t really wear them anymore.

Snake ii’s

As long as it can be used as a means to control the population – NO.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

Don’t have to stop if we never started. I’ve had covid, not getting the vaccine. It felt like allergies/mild cold. No one around here gives a crap if you wear one or not.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>patk wrote:</div>

DO we have to wear masks outdoors ?

thats funny G! I’ll get the vaccine when they say I can stop wearing it. otherwise i don’t really care, I will keep playing their games!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Never

This. Or a very long time. Brainwashing is a thing. I only wear them where required. I see people walking outdoors with them on and it makes me sad.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They’ll go away when the infection rate and the vaccination rate both reach a level that its safe to stop wearing them. I think that day is coming at some point, but we are not there yet.

I think its safe to say that no one likes wearing them.

Wearing them outdoors was never mandated that I am aware of. Just indoors in social settings around other people to my knowledge.

Some states never required them (South Dakota comes to mind). Even in places they were required, enforcement was often minimal. Private businesses can and will enforce them for as long as they want to help protect their employees and customers. It can escalate quickly (like the Menards incident last week).

Gitchi Gummi

As an introvert that enjoys flying under the radar, I actually like wearing my buff in public cool

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Sorry since I’m not an expert I should not say oh wait I guess they don’t know either. The way WI has been all year you would of sworn we would of all been dead by now. Carry on my friends.

Coletrain27

It depends. whenever mr. fauci says it is ok jester

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Well Texas got rid of them a little over a month ago, and well just look at how they are doing now…………………………. whistling

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

I already stopped. You can too. Its your life and you have the ability to choose to wear a mask or not.

X2

big_g
    Isle, MN

Try walking down Front Street in Lahaina Maui.. cops enforcing masks, people walking outside, 6 feet away from anyone… quite comical sometimes.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well Texas got rid of them a little over a month ago, and well just look at how they are doing now…………………………. whistling

I dont watch the news. What’s wrong in Texas

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

I typically wear one in the duck blind. I shot my first turkey with a mask on so I’ll probably always wear one turkey hunting. Deer I only wear one if it’s cold.

Sconybubba

Never have, never will. Masks don’t work period! Everyone needs to wake up and realize that this is just the government trying to control you. Look up the survival rates of those that have had COVID. Do you our research and do not listen to what the lame stream media is telling you.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I typically wear one in the duck blind. I shot my first turkey with a mask on so I’ll probably always wear one turkey hunting. Deer I only wear one if it’s cold.

Hahaha well played!

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>

I dont watch the news. What’s wrong in Texas

They removed the mask mandate on March 2nd when they had a 7 day average of 7259 Covid cases, and as of yesterday that had dropped to 3237.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

They’ll go away when the infection rate and the vaccination rate both reach a level that its safe to stop wearing them. I think that day is coming at some point, but we are not there yet.

I’m sure it will be much later than it needs to be.

Reef W

Isn’t the “government is controlling us” crowd concerned about facial recognition at all? You should be pushing for keeping masks normalized more than anybody!

queenswake
    NULL

I will say that I am considering wearing them at least some indoor places during future flu/cold seasons. It was pretty nice not getting a cold this winter.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I don’t think masks work all the time, or they just buy you a little more time depending on the mask. This virus isn’t that much different than SARS or influenza, it is less lethal than SARS and many times more infectious than the flu. They know that aerosols less than 5 microns can stay suspended in the air for at least an hour and the virus is much smaller than that. An interesting find in New Zealand https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/coronavirus-airplane-spread-study-scn/index.html

kidfish

Once the population reaches herd immunity, mask mandate should be lifted. Having so many people refuse to get vaccinated doesn’t help us get to this number.
    I’m glad that most cases are mild for most people, but knowing close family members who have died, and other friends that were on ventilators, and still more that have not regained sense of taste or smell. Cmon people, this doesn’t happen with the flu.
    My solution to restaurants is this. Bring back two sections. Instead of smoking and non-smoking, have vaccinated and non-vaccinated. Those of us that have vaccine can party as close as we want without masks, while the other side gets 3 tables spaced apart and require masks!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Will we ever stop wearing masks?’ is closed to new replies.