Which Zero Turn Mower

• Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Ok fellas, this seems the be the place I go when I need advice. I know nothing about Zero Turn mowers and it looks like I will be buying one this spring. I’m going to use it on my yard which is roughly 1 acre and I will have a lot of leaves so a quality Bagger is a big concern. I have a budget of around $5000. Which Zero Turn brand should I be looking at?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

What’s the topography like?

Last spring I bought a Toro Timecutter zero turn 50″ (with the steering wheel) because I have some pretty aggressive hills on my property. So far it’s one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. This thing spins like a jackrabbit. Plus, with the steering wheel you can drink a beer and/or have your kids cut grass if you have one. You do look a little like Forest Gump cutting grass but if you can get past that man,,, it’s awesome.

I think with the bagger it was around $3500.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Exmark with bagger would be my first choice but hard to find in that price. Bought a used Hustler SuperZ and like it. Either way, if bagging, make sure the HP is enough. 24HP on a 52″ deck is about right.

Personally, i would buy used commercial grade before buying new homeowner grade.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Exmark with bagger would be my first choice but hard to find in that price. Bought a used Hustler SuperZ and like it. Either way, if bagging, make sure the HP is enough. 24HP on a 52″ deck is about right.

Personally, i would buy used commercial grade before buying new homeowner grade.

Watch the lawn mowing companies…75% run Exmark. Pricey

Toro…I think you pay for the name.

John Deere…cut nice, probably the best cut in wet conditions. Every part seems to be proprietary, down to even the bolts.

Scag…cut well, discharge cleanly. Getting pricey.

Hustler…not much market here in Toroland. Well built mowers. Good value.

Aaron

I have a Hustler and it is awesome. Easy to use and I would go with any of their models.

huskyjerk
    Swea City, Iowa

I have a Hustler and it is awesome. Easy to use and I would go with any of their models.

X 2 waytogo

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Gravely, Bad Boy and Country Clipper might be some to consider. I think maybe the bigger decisions is to acknowledge the difference between a belly deck versus the deck being in front of you, below your feet like the Grasshopper is?

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Been very happy with my Snapper so far. 61” all welded deck and have the choice of a Briggs or Kawasaki engine. New they run a tad over 5k so if you could find a used one it would certainly be in your budget. I don’t know if they offer a bagger attachment though

casey walters
    Mapleton, MN

I went toro got a 5 year warranty and 4 year 0 interest, with that said I’d go commercial as well tho, buddy got a cheap mower new and had problems right off the bat.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.