Which Rods Work Best For What?

• Alex Weismann

Hello!

I just wanted to write a quick question regarding rod length and power to which lures are the most suitable for them. I have an 8′ XH that I plan on using for small blades and jerkbaits, I have an 8’6″ XH that I’m not too sure what to use for which kinds of baits and presentations, and then I have a 9’6″ XH that I plan on using for everything except jerkbaits probably. I’m curious as to what people use on an 8’6″, and whether I should change my approach or not when it comes to the setups I have.

Thanks for any pointers,
    Alex

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Alex what are you fishing for?Bass,walleye? XH would be a little heavy for most applications for either.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Alex what are you fishing for?Bass,walleye? XH would be a little heavy for most applications for either.

I am pretty sure he is talking about muskie fishing since he posted it in the pike/muskie forum.

I prefer the longer rods for blades and faster moving lures. I have a shorter 6.5 foot rod for slashing and pause baits. Might be more personal preference but I find the shorter rod to be easier for these applications.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.