Is my Water Separator Filter leaking? Skeeter WX2200

• Bob Jones

Noticed what I thought was just water around the intake port for my front baitwell and washdown pump. For reference, I noticed this last year as well but at that time I was chasing down several water leak issues so I just assumed it was water. Fast forward to this year and I believe the water leaks are mostly resolved.

When I run my finger across it I noticed its not just water…it has a little tan color to it which leads me to believe it could be fuel & water together? I don’t notice any obvious damage to the water separator or the fuel lines attached to it. I also notice this morning it appears to be evaporating which would indicate water & gas. Lastly, it appears the oil separator was put on with a wrench as there are some cylinder scratches. I only run fresh water so I doubt it could be a rust issue…boat is only a year old.

Anyone else experienced this? Should I just change the water separator filter? Advice appreciated

Attachments:
    1. Oil-scaled.jpg

2. Water-Separator-1-scaled.jpg

3. Water-Separator-scaled.jpg

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

It is recommended to change the filter annually..

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Does it smell a little like gas?

Smellson

Not to highjack, but did you ever figure out where the water was leaking from? My wx1910 ALWAYS has a little but off water in the bildge after a day of fishing and I can’t for the life of me pinpoint the leak. Seems I’ve heard several people with leaks

Bob Jones

Its a long story for me…feel free to call me in the evening any day and I can explain more detail. Ultimately, I think i fixed most of the issues.

Bob
    248-910-1661

HMoshier

If it’s a fuel leak you should definitely smell it. Don’t use a lighter to find out. J/k. Too many cartoons when I was younger.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.