WHICH PICKS TO BUY?

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Which brand of picks tie together? I believe I have seen James wearing a pair on his show.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Which brand of picks tie together? I believe I have seen James wearing a pair on his show.

Hey Steve

Here’s the picks I wear – Rapala Ice Picks

They’re currently sold out. I don’t think there’s a performance advantage of one “around the neck” set of picks versus another. Just own a set. And a spud bar.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Thanks James I like the idea of the style that tie together to wear around the neck to be able to get to them quickly if needed.

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

The frabril ones have little spring loaded sleeves to prevent stabbing anything during the hopefully 100% of the time you are not using them.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Steve Plantz wrote:</div>

Hey Steve

Here’s the picks I wear – Rapala Ice Picks

They’re currently sold out. I don’t think there’s a performance advantage of one “around the neck” set of picks versus another. Just own a set. And a spud bar.

Found a pair on Amazon, Thanks again James!

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

I like the Rapala ones best. Very sharp, and if you need them, that big sturdy handle will be useful.

My dad wears the Frabill ones. Being retractable is a nice feature to prevent damage to expensive ice suits.

I have a Clam pair collecting dust in the garage. They don’t like to stay connected as they were designed to do. I’ll sell them for $5.

maddogg

The Frabill ones do not float from what I understand.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.