What’s the Viking qb situation?

• bigpike

Just wondering what’s up with practice and stuff with no qbs…..lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s fine. We will suck with or without mr I’m not getting vaccinated. Thanks for asking.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Coach Zimmer is not happy about this and he has expressed his opinion on it multiple times already. This could easily happen during the regular season and cost a team the game.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s the vikings. We will never figure anything out.
    Don’t blame them for not wanting shots.

Jensen

Jake Browning taking all the reps and newly signed connor cookus and Danny etling arriving tomorrow to get the purple pride going.

maddogg

Do they make plastic garbage bags large enough to fit him in?

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I like the NFL policy where neither team gets paid and if the game is cancelled (no reschedule either) because of Covid.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I like the NFL policy where neither team gets paid and if the game is cancelled (no reschedule either) because of Covid.

That’s not true. The team responsible for the outbreak is financially responsible to compensate the other team for their incurred losses. So in other words, if you have to forfeit because of an outbreak amongst unvaccinated players, you will pay the other teams prorated salaries, other financial losses for that missed game, plus record a loss. And be subject to other disciplinary actions from the Commish up to and including lost draft picks.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

they shouldnt get paid if there not practicing either.

Sylvanboat

Hey the Bears have Nick Foles. We also have Andy Dalton. We would trade them for a couple of footballs.

bigpike

Hey the Bears have Nick Foles. We also have Andy Dalton. We would trade them for a couple of footballs.

What about Justin Fields?
    Didnt the Vikes want him on draft day before da bears jumped them?

Beast

oh the drama!!!! devil

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

At this point I could care less if Cousins gets traded or or signs with another team or whatever. I’ve said before the Vikings made a big mistake not drafting QB Mac Jones when they could have.

However, coach Zimmer has said “there is quite a few guys against getting the vaccine” so it’s not just Cousins by any stretch.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

At this point I could care less if Cousins gets traded or or signs with another team or whatever. I’ve said before the Vikings made a big mistake not drafting QB Mac Jones when they could have.

However, coach Zimmer has said “there is quite a few guys against getting the vaccine” so it’s not just Cousins by any stretch.

It’s all of our qbs and quite a few other plays. It’s all teams not just ours

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The NFL has made itself very clear on this. They are not going to alter the schedule this season like they did last year. Rescheduling games in the NFL is a logistical nightmare because you can’t play more than 1 game/week. Its not like baseball where you can just schedule a double header.

According the NFL website, over 85% of all players in the NFL are at least partially vaccinated. There are several teams that have reported that they will be 100% vaccinated by the start of the regular season, including the defending champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Jake Browning looked great supposedly in the scrimmage, and they signed a couple guys for camp arms. I believe the other 3 QB’s will be back after a 5 day hiatus (Mond may be longer since he was actually Covid +). Not a huge deal, and honestly might be better for the unvaxxed players to get the Rona now and get it over with as they should be immune for most of the season.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

and honestly might be better for the unvaxxed players to get the Rona now and get it over with as they should be immune for most of the season.

From a health standpoint, that is true. But the NFL doesn’t care if you’ve been previously infected. Their rules aren’t written that way. Their rules are written this year in black and white, vaccinated or unvaccinated. So they will be required to follow the rules for unvaccinated players the entire season regardless of if they are positive now.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigWerm wrote:</div>
    and honestly might be better for the unvaxxed players to get the Rona now and get it over with as they should be immune for most of the season.

From a health standpoint, that is true. But the NFL doesn’t care if you’ve been previously infected. Their rules aren’t written that way. Their rules are written this year in black and white, vaccinated or unvaccinated. So they will be required to follow the rules for unvaccinated players the entire season regardless of if they are positive now.

Can’t test positive if you are immune right?

CaptainMusky

Well they are still using the PCR tests which 2 weeks ago the CDC has said its ending its Emergency Use Authorization at the end of the year because it cannot differentiate between Covid and Influenza. Using that test as the basis for determining whether a person has Covid is not the best tool, but the only other tests don’t produce timely results.
    This is likely why the NFL has a different policy where if you are vaccinated, test positive you can be removed from the list after 2 negative tests.

JEREMY
    BP

Why did that coach get fired last week for not getting the shot? Thought they said all players, coaches, and on field staff were required.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Yes, that’s correct. But we don’t know if all 3 of these QB’s are in fact positive. The NFL has classifications of close contact and high risk close contact. Vaccinated players cannot be classified as high risk close contact, that classification is only for unvaccinated players.

Let’s use Cousins as an example. Because of his unvaccinated status, every time he is determined to be a close contact, he will be required to sit out and isolate for at least 5 days whether he has tested positive or not because he will be classified as a high risk close contact.

Certainly you can see why coach Zimmer (and other coaches) have vented his frustrations with this. Interruptions in available of players, especially an important one like a starting QB, is a major problem for any team. Some teams will have more problems with this during the season than others and it appears that the Vikings are one of the teams that are going to experience this. I could see a divided locker room if this rears its head during the course of the season too. Divided lockers rooms affect team play.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Why did that coach get fired last week for not getting the shot? Thought they said all players, coaches, and on field staff were required.

Just staff, players were allowed to choose, they just face significantly more rules if they are not vaxxed. Also, the Coach (Dennison) ended up keeping a consultant job with the team, so he didn’t really get fired.

Yes, that’s correct. But we don’t know if all 3 of these QB’s are in fact positive.

We do know, Mond was positive, Cousins/Stanley were close unvaxxed contacts, Browning was Vaxxed. The rest of your reaching comment, was answered in my original post that it would be better for Cousins/Stanley to have been positive so they’d be less likely to get Rona again or test positive again, and the whole QB room would have one measure of protection (immunity) or another (vaccine) which also lowers the likelihood of close contact.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The rest of your reaching comment, was answered in my original post that it would be better for Cousins/Stanley to have been positive so they’d be less likely to get Rona again or test positive again, and the whole QB room would have one measure of protection (immunity) or another (vaccine) which also lowers the likelihood of close contact.

I agree. Do think that this could cause locker room issues during the course of the season though? Coach Zimmer seems to think so.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Well they are still using the PCR tests which 2 weeks ago the CDC has said its ending its Emergency Use Authorization at the end of the year because it cannot differentiate between Covid and Influenza. Using that test as the basis for determining whether a person has Covid is not the best tool, but the only other tests don’t produce timely results.

Where did you get this information? Please provide links.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Well they are still using the PCR tests which 2 weeks ago the CDC has said its ending its Emergency Use Authorization at the end of the year because it cannot differentiate between Covid and Influenza.

The current PCR test cannot identify flu only Covid

These are totally different statements. The current PCR tests detect Covid fine. The CDC wants labs to start using tests that can identify Covid

and

Influenza as the flu season is coming up. This saves time and resources.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

It’s crazy that they’re trying to require players to get vaccinated… Especially when people who have been vaccinated are still getting covid… All the more reason not to get the shot.

CaptainMusky

These are totally different statements. The current PCR tests detect Covid fine. The CDC wants labs to start using tests that can identify Covid

and

Influenza as the flu season is coming up. This saves time and resources.

I worded it wrong initially by using the word differentiate, I meant to say what I said the second time. My son had a Covid test about year ago. It came back negative. I asked him well then what do you have? He says they cannot tell me because the test doesnt check for anything else. I said well that is really dumb, now you have to go to the Dr to get some other test to find out what it is? So I know that it didnt catch influenza in the test, I just worded my comment dumb and inaccurately.

JEREMY
    BP

I still dont know what to think of the tests. I had the worst headache/sinus/chest colds ive ever had had about a month ago put me down for a few days, just now getting taste and smell back. Got tested 3 times all negative. Lady that took my test even said “you got it” when i was there.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.