What’s the Viking qb situation?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I still dont know what to think of the tests. I had the worst headache/sinus/chest colds ive ever had had about a month ago put me down for a few days, just now getting taste and smell back. Got tested 3 times all negative. Lady that took my test even said “you got it” when i was there.

It would be interesting to see if you have antibodies. Between that and the 3 tests if they all come back as no you didn’t have it. You can get the test at Target for $38. I did it last week. (Un)fortunately I am still pure healthy.

Brad Dimond

It’s crazy that they’re trying to require players to get vaccinated… Especially when people who have been vaccinated are still getting covid… All the more reason not to get the shot.

If you have the shot you can get COVID but are very unlikely to be hospitalized and even less likely to die. If you are not vaccinated and get COVID Delta your odds of hospitalization and death are dramatically higher than if you are vaccinated. What’s crazy about having people get vaccinated in light of those situations?

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rjthehunter wrote:</div>
    It’s crazy that they’re trying to require players to get vaccinated… Especially when people who have been vaccinated are still getting covid… All the more reason not to get the shot.

If you have the shot you can get COVID but are very unlikely to be hospitalized and even less likely to die. If you are not vaccinated and get COVID Delta your odds of hospitalization and death are dramatically higher than if you are vaccinated. What’s crazy about having people get vaccinated in light of those situations?

Because the percentage of young healthy Americans that are hospitalized or die is so low why take unnecessary risk of getting an experimental vaccination?

Even crazier is forcing someone to do this, so you feel better for yourself.

Brad Dimond

“Experimental”? How many 100s of millions of doses have been administered? The track record is well established and darn good.

“Feel better for myself”? Nope, feel better for those who can’t be vaccinated for various reasons having a much lower incidence of infection and death.

Justin riegel

“Feel better for myself”? Nope, feel better for those who can’t be vaccinated for various reasons having a much lower incidence of infection and death.

Is there anyone in the Vikings organization in this class?

Yes it is experimental as they have flip flopped many times if the vaccine prevents transmission and it appears not to. So even with it you can pass it to the vunerable.so even if Cousins gets it, he could still pass it on. Making this a personal choice

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

So even with it you can pass it to the vunerable.so even if Cousins gets it, he could still pass it on. Making this a person choice

He has that choice and so does every single other player in the NFL. There are rules that the NFL and the NFLPA have agreed to, however. Its obvious that teams with a higher percentage of players that are unvaccinated are going to have more problems during the course of the season, and the Vikings are one of those. Zimmer is on the hot seat this season and if his starting QB is out because of protocols that can be avoided, I don’t blame him for being openly upset.

Justin riegel

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin riegel wrote:</div>
    So even with it you can pass it to the vunerable.so even if Cousins gets it, he could still pass it on. Making this a person choice

He has that choice and so does every single other player in the NFL. There are rules that the NFL and the NFLPA have agreed to, however. Its obvious that teams with a higher percentage of players that are unvaccinated are going to have more problems during the course of the season, and the Vikings are one of those. Zimmer is on the hot seat this season and if his starting QB is out because of protocols that can be avoided, I don’t blame him for being openly upset.

I completely agree but forcing someone to get a vaccine for your personal benefit is something I can’t get on board with.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are some NFL players afraid of the vaccine, but have no problem getting their brains scrambled playing the game itself??

How many former players have died early because of concussions not to mention their bodies are just wore out??

And yet a simple shot puts them over the top. Go figure. My thought is most of the players could care less if they have to sit out a game or two, a little more vacation time…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

I respect anyone taking a personal stand particularly in ways that can hurt them or their career, even if I disagree with their reasons. The NFL’s rules are ridiculous imo, and deserving of ridicule, but at the end of the day He with the money, makes the rules.

CaptainMusky

Drummer Pete Parada from the Offspring recently announced that he is not traveling with the band because they don’t want him with them because he has not been vaccinated. He was quite detailed describing his reasons why and its duean underlying issue and with consultation with his personal physician he was recommended to NOT get the vaccine at this time. His underlying condition is Guillame Barrie (spelling) I believe.
    We don’t know the reasons these athletes are not getting the vaccine. There is speculation as to why for a few of them namely Cousins, but even that may not be accurate.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rjthehunter wrote:</div>

But the odds of that are still so dramatically low. There have been many vaccines that have been taken away due to major health concerns 5 years later. But this emergency use one is now trying to be forced.
    There are cures for cancer out there but the fda won’t approve them. It’s personal preference. Why push your beliefs onto others. It’s simply sad

B-man

My fully vaccinated father in law recently had covid symptoms.

Went in for a test…..yep….he has the Rona.

Not a great selling point for healthy/younger individuals who choose not to have the vaccine jester

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20210803-1600323.png

Mike

Just… wow. If it was up to you folks we’d still be dealing with Polio, Measles and Smallpox on a regular basis.

JEREMY
    BP

Yep thats what right. Those vaccines have been proven to work for a half a century or longer. Little different then something brewed up overnight without any proof it wont cause serious effects down the road.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Just… wow. If it was up to you folks we’d still be dealing with Polio, Measles and Smallpox on a regular basis.

You must hate all who don’t get the flu shot either.
    I’ve never gotten it and also won’t. I also have one of those good work ethics that I go to work when I am under the weather and get my job done. Im sure you frown upon that as well

B-man

All of those adversely affect people of all ages.

Mike, if I was 68 instead of 38 I would have been all over getting a Covid vaccine.

But I’m not…..so I didn’t.

My Grandfather had Polio as a young adult. He spent months in an iron lung.

One year later the Polio vaccine came out. But it was too late, he was paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his amazing life.

If Covid was dropping younger adults like Polio did, many more younger people would take the stick. But it doesn’t, so “we are where we are” as the media says.

Me not taking a vaccine for Covid that I don’t need or want is my choice.

If you’re worried about Covid and that your body won’t be able to handle it, by all means, get the shot. You’ll be protected (or might be) from stubborn people like me )

As mentioned earlier, my father in law was fully vaccinated (four months ago) and tested positive with symptoms on Monday of last week.

I was around him for FOUR hours on the day prior (albeit outside, but within 0-5′ for much of the time). We had a handshake and a good hug when we left.

He also hugged and kissed my boys when we left.

Here I was sitting next to an infected and contagious vaccinated person at a super spreader event without even knowing about it….it’s likely happended dozens or hundreds of times before to me.

Yet a week later we’re still symptom free and living our lives.

A vaccinated person put ME and MY family “at risk”….yet we’re completely fine.

Oh the irony…..

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Nobody is forcing anyone to get a vaccine. Forcing you to make a difficult decision? Yes in some situations but forcing you? No. Point me to the person being held down by all fours with a nurse poised to shove a needle in their arm.

If the NFL wants players to get a shot or else, then they can chose to walk out the door, same as anyone else

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Nobody is forcing anyone to get a vaccine. Forcing you to make a difficult decision? Yes in some situations but forcing you? No. Point me to the person being held down by all fours with a nurse poised to shove a needle in their arm.

If the NFL wants players to get a shot or else, then they can chose to walk out the door, same as anyone else

And that they are. Hence the reason of the post

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Getting back to football.

According to NBC Sports, 27 of the the NFL’s 32 teams have reached the 85% vaccination thresh hold as of Tuesday, August 3. When a team reaches the 85% vaccination thresh hold, some rules and restrictions are lifted.

The team with the lowest vaccination rate? Yep, you guessed it, the Vikings. They have a paltry 65% rate.

This is going to be a long season.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Getting back to football.

According to NBC Sports, 27 of the the NFL’s 32 teams have reached the 85% vaccination thresh hold as of Tuesday, August 3. When a team reaches the 85% vaccination thresh hold, some rules and restrictions are lifted.

The team with the lowest vaccination rate? Yep, you guessed it, the Vikings. They have a paltry 65% rate.

This is going to be a long season.

Isn’t every season a long one for us?
    I’m happy to say we have players who will stand there ground. I’m glad a few people who are still idols have half a ball to stand against

dirtywater

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike wrote:</div>

You must hate all who don’t get the flu shot either.
    I’ve never gotten it and also won’t. I also have one of those good work ethics that I go to work when I am under the weather and get my job done. Im sure you frown upon that as well

I can’t stand the tough guys who think it’s a badge of pride to go to work through illness, and then proceed to spread their illness to colleagues, who spread it to the their families, etc. all because Bobby big wheels had to prove his toughness. Gimme a break.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I can’t stand the tough guys who think it’s a badge of pride to go to work through illness, and then proceed to spread their illness to colleagues, who spread it to the their families, etc. all because Bobby big wheels had to prove his toughness. Gimme a break.
    [/quote]

It’s never been a badge of pride. It’s a way of life. Been taught that as a kid. You guys cry about things not changing in the office in the deadline. If we didn’t show up in the 100 percent or down to 20 nothing would happen.
    No pride to show to you. No disrespect to you. It’s just a living for us. No Bobby big wheels, no showing off, no looking for props, just the way we were raised.
    You stay at home with the sniffles, the office was probably happier that way.
    ( your office wouldn’t be a thing without guys like myself)

What more of a break do you want? They just gave you 2 doses of it. Oh and nobody asked if you could stand tough guys, but im betting you couldn’t.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Politics, religion, and now the vaccine. You are not going to change any ones opinion on the subject. My wife and I are vaccinated and our daughter is not. It is everyone’s choice to what they do. If you are worried you will get sick then get the vaccine if not then don’t. We should not be telling others what to do with a FDA emergency drug approval.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

CBS evening news last week. The reporter was all gowned/masked up with a boom microphone talking to Covid patients that were unvaccinated. One said he would now get the vaccine as soon as he could. Another said he wouldn’t. When asked why he said there were too many questions about it, one being emergency use only.
    The reporter in his closing comments said it was interesting that he refuses to get an EUA vaccine but was treated with several EUA medications. I wonder if the patient knew that.

Angler II

My wife is a nurse at a local hospital. Her hospital is now mandating the vaccine or she will be terminated in October 1st.

We decided not to get vaccinated for several different health reasons which are all personal and NONE of her employers business.

So my wife will be terminated in October 1st for making a personal choice about her own health.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

My wife is a nurse at a local hospital. Her hospital is now mandating the vaccine or she will be terminated in October 1st.

We decided not to get vaccinated for several different health reasons which are all personal and NONE of her employers business.

So my wife will be terminated in October 1st for making a personal choice about her own health.

I’m sorry to hear that Angler, that is truly f’d up. They are also requiring vaccinations to go many places in MSP (mainly First Ave and smaller concert venues as of now), and in NYC you now can’t go out to eat, to the gym, a concert, or work for the city without your vaccine papers. This is CRAZY and has no place in a free society imo.

I am vaccinated, I was hesitant at first, but spoke to my SIL who is a C-suite level pharmacist with one of the major health care companies, and she explained how she was working on mRNA technology when she was in Pharmacy school 15 years ago and she’s read the literature and believes 100% in the science behind the vaccine. That was good enough for me. I didn’t even get a sore arm from the shot, and would encourage anyone on the fence to get it. HOWEVER, requiring papers or limiting peoples ability to live has NO business coming from the Gov’t in a free society. Private business should be able to do what they want, one way or the other, and deal with the repercussions.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Im sorry to hear that. Doesnt change my statement. Perhaps im being too much of a stickler on words but your wife is not being forced to take the vaccine. she is just being presented with a very difficult choice, but she still has a choice nonetheless

for what its worth i dont think people should be put in a position to have to decide to quit their jobs or get the vaccine. i think people should have a choice on getting vaccinated or not and that choice should as little impact their life as possible.

mojogunter

I respect her choice to not get the vaccine, but I disagree that it isn’t any of their business for her not to get the vaccine and still work for them. It is in fact their business they are trying to run in a way they see as best. Hopefully she finds a new place to work. They at least are giving plenty of notice before her termination.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I am vaccinated, I was hesitant at first, but spoke to my SIL who is a C-suite level pharmacist with one of the major health care companies, and she explained how she was working on mRNA technology when she was in Pharmacy school 15 years ago and she’s read the literature and believes 100% in the science behind the vaccine. That was good enough for me. I didn’t even get a sore arm from the shot, and would encourage anyone on the fence to get it. HOWEVER, requiring papers or limiting peoples ability to live has NO business coming from the Gov’t in a free society. Private business should be able to do what they want, one way or the other, and deal with the repercussions.

This is exactly how I felt too! To me it came down to risk and fear of the unknown. My neighbor’s experience with a covid infection also scared the crap out of me. He had a stroke from it and has no use of his right arm anymore. That haunted me for a long time and still does every time I see him, so the next time I visited a primary care doctor I asked what their professional medical opinion was on the subject. I take their advice on health issues, take prescriptions he prescribes, and trust them to do major surgery, so I accepted his advice on this too. Plus the thought of completely losing use of an arm down right gave me nightmares.

My employer is the federal government and they have now mandated it or face strict rules and regular testing. Employers have the right to make sure their work environment is safe. Its shaky ground to be on right now but it has already held up in court. Once it becomes Standard Authorization, it will be mandated a lot more, including for the military too.

I am not sure where this deep mistrust of the medical field comes from. I’m not talking about Fauci or some politician either. I’m talking about what a real life medical professional says to you in person. The NFL brought in their head medical specialist to every team and some players still don’t believe them.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.