WHAT LONGER CRAPPIE RODS TO BUY?

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

What are you crappie guys likeing for the longer rods (10–16′)? Planning to give the walleye a rest some this year and try for crappie.I have plenty of equipment for flipping and casting light stuff but think I need a longer rod or two for reaching out to drop in cover. I hear B&M mentioned on crappie shows a lot but don’t know where to start. Not much available in stores by me to check out in person so would appreciate recommendations.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Falcon Slab rods. I have a pair of each in the 10’ and 12’. Just for the fun of it, I’ve used the 12’ as salmon noodle rods on lake mi. Was pretty impressed with how strong they are. I was leaning into a few chinook and they held up good.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

B&M make very good stuff at a reasonable price

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

BnM Duck commander agree good stuff, good price and fast shipping. Once you use them you will wonder why it took so long to get them. Spot lock preferred or some type of anchor is crucial.

carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

Wow salmon on crappie rod. Had to be fun. Actually have a walleye application for a long (crappie rod) fast tip with good backbone. Fish set up at 4’ along steep bank wanting bait coming at speed of lite current. Drift down bank just holding jig in strike zone with long rod trying to not spook fish with boat.

bclii
    MN/AZ

BnM are good rods! I fish them in the winter months down here in AZ for crappies. I run 16,14, & 12’s spider rigging. Like walleye rods, get technic specific rods!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.